UEFA Nations League

For fucks sake Scotland, you got your Euro; now leave Robertson out of the fucking Nations League.

2 Likes

I can see us going to win it now! :wink:

1 Like

I want what you’re on

1 Like

Wow. Group F for the Euros

• Group F: Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary
3 Likes

Yes I was looking at that after Scotland made it wow what a tough group 3 previous winners in the same group and Hungary are no slouches!

3 Likes

We do have a thread for the Euro 2020 :roll_eyes:

UEFA Euro 2020*

We didn’t at the time I posted that.

2 Likes

That idiot Ramos just missed two penalties against Switzerland.

:joy:

Sommer did his homework when Gladbach played Real.

5 Likes

Watched Portugal vs France. Jota played the last 35 minutes, let’s say it was not the best 35 minutes of his career. Did Stay fit though.

2 Likes

The big football event in Norway is that the government denied the national team to travel to Romania and later, the game against Austria also likely to be canceled. This means that Romania and Austria will get 3-0 walkover wins. Lots of anger and disappointment and I mean lots of it. Norwegian press are mass producing articles at this moment, mostly attacking the government and the Health Directorate.
Players angry and very disappointed and so on.
Previously, few days ago, our game against Israel was canceled after an Israeli played tested positive for COVID, at which point the government hammer came down. Israelis are angry (they were in a hotel in Norway at the time) and suing the Norwegian football federation.

So lots of drama.

Personally, I don’t know what is right, but I know we are the only team in UEFA to have our games canceled like this if just a single player is infected (read that anyway in various papers), and this of course means that we no longer have a chance at getting to the Euro.

I am not going to rage and rant though, even though I feel it is heavy handed and a tiny tad authoritarian. Government wants to give no exception for quarantine in any cases what so ever and I am not an epidemiologist so I don’t know what is right and wrong. I am very sad about the games though. Had looked forward to them a lot and it is painful to not get chances to get to the Euro’s.

But done is done, and if there is going to be drama about this, it is not going to come from me. Eventually, as human beings, we must understand that the epidemic comes before everything else, even though as football fans, this blows incredibly hard and much. But yeah, appears a bit silly and heavy handed, but that’s all I am going to say…

1 Like

I guess that’s a bit foolish, since Norway is in a great position to gain promotion to League A.

However, considering how players are getting infected and UEFA seemingly just counting the dough, the government just prioritized welfare of the society over football.

4 Likes

Well done Norway! Wish the other nations would do the same to be honest…

8 Likes

Gini just scored a nice goal v Bosnia Herzegovina :bosnia_herzegovina:.

Right place right time.

2 Likes

Gini is on a hat trick already and just 16 minutes in.

5 Likes

Typical Gini.

If it’s not a header then it’s a tap in or two. One with his calf.

:joy:

20 goals for Holland, nice.

3 Likes

Is Neco playing LB for wales?

1 Like

Tsimikas starts for Greece, hopefully plays well and no injuries.

1 Like

Watched a bit of it, he played right back. Ben Davies was left back.

He did well in the short time I switched on for. Wales fans on twitter are full of praise for his performance.

2 Likes

We worry about our backup centre back options and then you remember Eric Dier is Tottenham’s first choice.

5 Likes