2020* Summer Olympics, Tokyo

Wait until Liverpool kick off the season

All the time.

Except, in my case, it’s entirely rational.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The swimmer revealed her leukemia diagnosis in February 2019, and underwent treatment for 10 months. She resumed practice just three months after her discharge from the hospital and returned to competition in August 2020.

5 Likes

Not much action on here.

Have to say I am loving the Olympics and particularly the kicking your opponent in the head event.

I love watching the sports that you only hear about every 4 years.

The women’s road cycle race was amazing. What a story that was. It was a riveting 3 hour watch. The Dutch girl crosses the line celebrating her gold only to find out someone else, that she hadn’t heard of and didn’t know was ahead of her, had arrived a whole 3 minutes earlier. :rofl:

Anyone else watching?

1 Like

Enjoying it but hard to really comment on it as I am following the flag so to speak.

1 Like

The table tennis mixed doubles final was good. Missing the bulk of gymnastics and swimming though.

Think I’ve seen every minute so far. I’m using a VPN to watch the BBC as NBC’s coverage is terrible, there are more commercials than live action.

The 10m Men’s Diving final was awesome, really happy for Tom Daley.

3 Likes

Even with Peacock, a service that should give you as close to unlimited a la carte coverage as exists, they’ve ballsed it up terribly. The entire app operates like 5 different people built it without ever having met or had a conversation about what they were doing.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

I keep missing all the good stuff.

Was it platform or springboard?

Liverpool girl gets bronze in the kicking people in the head event :+1:

Tokyo Olympics: Bianca Walkden secures taekwondo bronze - Tokyo Olympics: Bianca Walkden secures taekwondo bronze - BBC Sport

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: What a great and accurate description

Fucking hell, loads of swimming, diving, and gymnastics events are already decided. :expressionless: :sob:

I thought there was loads of Diving to come.

Swimming is usually the first week and Track and field the second.

Loved watching the women’s team gymnastics today. Little Japanese girl nearly lost it after a double complicated hand springy thing in the corner but just got her balance back and nailed the finale. Crown would have erupted. Things like that make sport so much fun. Actually, hang on…. No, can’t find a link. Lovely moment though :slight_smile:

1 Like

This Spanish vs Argentina game is basically what happens when you overplay players all summer.

Dross

Oh you are watching too. It’s like some school kids having a kickabout.

1 Like

It’s dire I might switch to one of the other games it’s that or horse dancing.

Just watched a bit of men’s gymnastics. The kid from China did a really nice high bar routine with an almost perfect landing. He was celebrating on the good routine, and forgot to bow to/thanks the judges. Because of that, he got 0.3 points deducted (although that felt petty…still needs to thank those doing a thankless job). I guess probably down the road, he would thank that his final score from all the routines was 0.4 behind the fantastic Japanese youngster, rather than ruined by forgetting a little bow to the judges.