I got 115 problems but cheating ain't one - it’s the Man City115 thread

I don’t consider another ten thousand people inside the stadium calling the players cunts and booing everything a benefit to Everton.

2 Likes

I was going say it might become soulless but then that might not be a bad thing for them.

But that would imply that Evertonians have a soul to start with

I’ve heard from lots of folk that Goodison is full of “R souls”. I’m not sure what they meant by that? :thinking::nerd_face:

1 Like

2 weeks before we’re on the receiving end of a FUBAR. It’s depressing and my meds aren’t strong enough. It’s reality vs hope for me.

2 Likes

No doubt about Foden being the best English player atm. Let’s see if he can keep that if Pep leaves.

1 Like
3 Likes

It was funny reading all the posts pre-season on how Haaland might not be good, especially after the charity shield… It doesn’t feel good to say it, but told ya so. He’s a fucking machine, disgustingly good striker.

1 Like

Probably a better right back than Trent right now, gross.

He’s shit.

I wish we had some players half as shit right now.

1 Like

It’s no insight to claim to have told us that Haaland was a good player. Come on!

Every bugger in world football wanted him. The reported fee looked reasonable, but only because of the release clause. Even then, with all the add on payments to father, agent and various hangers on, and especially with the wages, the cost of the deal went to a place where only Real Madrid, PSG or Man City could do it.

It’s not like they unearthed some hidden talent that only the wisest sages were able to tell us, “Watch this one, he’s a good player.”

4 Likes

The ironic thing about that match is that he showed exactly why he would score a truckload of goals… I specifically mentioned his missed sitter at the very end of the game because it took him about three steps to get in behind our defence. At this rate, the aforementioned truck loaded with his goals will actually be loaded with balls he gets for scoring hat-tricks…

1 Like

Haaland’s reported cost:
Transfer fee £51m?
Agent fees and signing on bonus £40m?
Wages £104m across 5 years?
Release clause between £128m and £170m?
Roughly £195m all up.

Nunez reported cost:
Transfer fee £65m rising to £85m?
Wages £43m across 6 six years?
Agent fees and signing on bonus?
Roughly £128m all up.

Nunez adds ons are believed to be easily achievable. Therefore if they’re not met then in all likelihood the player hasn’t met expectations, which in itself would be a failure.

Rough difference in cost between the contracts £67m (£195m versus £128m). The numbers might be a bit ropey.

This is not an anti Nunez post. I liked what i saw from Nunez last season. The few games that was. He’s obviously talented with a lot of upside. There’s a lot of promise and hopefully he turns out to be one of the top forwards in the world. That said should the club have gone toe to toe and competed for Haaland’s signature, given he’s one of the top forwards in the world?

That said, it’s very early and Nunez could easily prove to be a top player, and will go on and have a very good season this year and the ones to come.

2 Likes

I doubt the wage figures for Haaland are accurate. City have form for hidden payments, and I just can’t see a world where they are paying Haaland £400k a week over a five year contract. They have already been talking about a raise. Even then it is meaningless, since it is only the numbers they report, not the actual numbers. My best guess is it will be closer to double that amount.

I hate that it all sounds so clandestine, as it gives off the impression that I am sitting here at home, typing away with a tin foil hat on :joy:

Still, I have come to the considered viewpoint that there is nothing that Man City disclose, financially, that is reliable.

Arguably we could have been in for Haaland, but I seem to remember Klopp saying it was too rich for us. Even if we might have had a chance, the player seems to have a career path in mind. Man City is the current step. Father played for them. Play. Win the lot. Score lots of goals. Make lots of money, disguising the amount in the process.

Then in three, maybe four years, I expect to see him rocking up at Real Madrid.

On our end Darwin Nunez is our man. We paid a lot for him, more than I expected, but even then it is a knock-on effect of the artificially inflated clubs. Nunez will always appear awkward as he is an erratic sort of player. But to my eye, he is laden with threat and in time will get lots of goals for us (my opinion, and it may or may not happen).

In the meantime, the balance up front doesn’t seem right to me. But once it settles I fully expect Nunez to be a main man here. We may have a season of transition, but hopefully it won’t last that long.

6 Likes

I wondered where mine had gone.

2 Likes

The only surprise between now and that Charity shield game is that we’ve been shit.

4 Likes

:joy: the whole world knew he’d score bagfuls for City, apart from a few posters on here

Did anyone actually doubted his abilities/talent? I think most of the pessimisms were about how quick he would adapt to PL. Credit to him, Pep, and others concerned, he slotted-in really quick.

Cheaty has scored 35 goals in 10 games so far this season. Haaland has scored 20 of those, 57% of the total. Their second-highest scorer is Foden with 7 goals. Their greatest threat is also their Achilles’ Hill.