Ex-player: Arthur MELO

Is football just about money then? He was brought in as cover and sadly he got injured (Predictable to be fair like but that was the clubs decision).

As I said 19 players have recorded an injury since the start of the season, I think with Milner and Firmino that has now increased even with our record that isn’t solveble.

1 Like

Maybe it was cover for the now fit again Ox and Naby. The way club staff are leaving maybe they wanted to ensure the physios hang around and have work to do :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

We never know what players are going through, I would love to see Arthur turn this around and show his true potentialf

6 Likes

I think Melo has nothing to lose here. With the club fans not expecting much from him, if he gets to stay here until the end of the season, then if he can get fit, the worst he can do is to remain status quo and go back to Juve but he can have a fairytale stint here if he contributes positively to our push for CL qualifications and a run for the cups and who knows what will happen if he is able to do that.

2 Likes

good luck to him personally.

just for the record though, the only reason im even remotely more interested in you than you are in my personal growth is becuase you happen to have signed for the club ive loved since i was a kid, which also happens to be paying your wages whilst you ‘strengthen your growth mindset’ and not, yknow, play any football…

so best of luck, but …ya know…do you want me to send you my summary of my 2022?..

2 Likes

He wasn’t even getting a look-in though when fit and available. I’d be surprised to see him getting any meaningful minutes between now and the end of the season.

1 Like

I think that generally happens with new signings, particularly those who haven’t played in a while? He was getting close to getting minutes before his injury I think? Even played in the U23 matches during an international break to get his fitness up.

If he recovers soon I will bet that he will feature more than most think.

1 Like

He hasnt been fit and available. He was not injured when he arrived, but a long way from match readiness after having missed most of Juve’s pre-season. Even his appearance in the CL was unplanned and forced because of injury with him making the bench just because we didnt have numbers.

1 Like

I thought he made the bench a few times ?

He did, but only to make up numbers. That was during the period we had so few viable options we were including 2 keepers on the bench just to make up the numbers.

2 Likes

He was working his way back from injury played a few minutes and then was injured again

Signing an unfit short term stopgap was a mistake, Juventus fucked us again. Hopefully Klopp and the club learn from this and we start being more proactive rather than reactive. As I (and others) said last summer, we needed a midfield overhaul and we need to be signing 2-3 starters/first 18 every season in addition to a young prospect or two. Teams that want to stay at the top have to continually rejuvenate and tweak the balance or things can quickly go stale.

Pleased to read that;

Any ban is only likely to be upheld in Italy, which means Arthur would not be suspended from games for Liverpool

A suspension would really be a massive blow for us :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We’ll end up signing him permanently when we don’t qualify for Europe.

:joy:

“Any ban could be up to a month”.

Oh no how will we cope?

Not being funny here but can we just not send the geezer back?

He’s played 13 minutes and missed almost 6 months already…what’s the point, the season’s basically over for us anyway. Does anyone even know when or care when he’s back?

1 Like

The Arthur deal was on its face corrupt. The players only moved because accountancy fuckery in which transfer expenses are booked differently than revenue and so rather than doing a straight swap both clubs pretended the players were worth 10s of millions, which provided a way to get a short term boost of revenue on the books while largely cancelling out the impact of the expense.

2 Likes

Did we even pay £4m for him in the end.

If so I’d keep him, good practice for the medical team.