Ex-player: Arthur MELO

Sorry, totally missed that.

By all accounts he really wants to become a red. Thiago replacement too. :grin:

It’s up to him to prove he’s good enough.

Let’s hope he does.

2 Likes

Starts again tonight for u21’s.
Papa johns Trophy.

2 Likes

He played for Barcelona and Juve there is for sure nothing wrong with his attitude :+1:

1 Like

stream?

Hesgoal

Arthur and Bajcetic played 60 min.

1 Like

and we lost…1-0

Because Rochdale are a professional football team.

As disparaging as some people want to be a cobbled together U21 side is going struggle. I’m no fan of this competition but there is improvement in this team the benefits to Liverpool are their to be seen.

14 Likes

We also used Louie Koumas, 16 and Carter Pinnington, 15. James McConnell - an attacking midfielder in the U18s, played at RB. Luca Stephenson, a central midfielder in his first year at U21 level, played CB next to Olufunwa who was only signed to boost numbers in the U21 squad.

Only losing 1-0 was a good result. This is a tournament we’ve been absolutely blown out in over previous seasons.

The people who were at the game also said Arthur was the stand out - which you would expect but it’s still good to see.

6 Likes

Can’t say I’ve ever watched a game in the St Johns…St Pauls…St Lukes dry paint/wet paint whatever it’s called trophy.

Combine the 2 (along with the carabao), rename it the EFL cup and be done with it.

:sunglasses:

“Arthur Melo has recruited a physiotherapist, a fitness coach and a nutritionist to work with him daily as he looks to impress Jürgen Klopp and forge a lengthy career at Liverpool,” Paul Joyce wrote for The Times.

6 Likes

Would be kinda funny if after all this we sent him back in Jan.

To be fair can’t say the lads not giving it his all.

10 Likes

Reminds me of Lallana working his arse off all through the summer of 16 and pulled up lame shortly after as a result of pushing himself too hard.

We are so skint in the midfield in so many ways that we are just one Thiago injury away to seeing James Milner on the pitch.

Yep well thanks for reminding us all.

Yet Klopp’s put Firmino on twice instead.

None of this has any relevance to Artur mind.