The Copa America

Crazy! The Brazilian strain of Covid is super contagious.

3 Likes

It’s Bolosarno trying to sports wash his awful regime and the senate hearing into his handling of Covid.

The Trump of the Tropics hopefully gets his arse handed to him on this.

Quite surprised to see Alisson on that list, I wonder if his support has disappeared for Bolosarno.

If Brazil pull out of their own tournament that’s going look terrible on Bolosarno, and quite frankly good.

3 Likes

Brazil had like over ten thousands deaths and nearly half a million infections in last one week. I pray that common sense will prevail and this freaking tournament will be cancelled. Why don’t they reschedule the tournament to January, alongside AFCON?

1 Like

How about they don’t….

If they had planned this well they could have potentially hosted it in North America at that Disney resort perhaps.

You say it’s the South but didn’t they invite Mexico and USA to one a few years ago.

It will probably go ahead with half the teams missing players.

And Bolosarno can present the trophy to whatever mercenary team wins it, be rather apt.

2 Likes

The US kind of embarrassed themselves with the hosting of the Centenario in 2016 (wrong anthems, wrong flags, county names misspelled) and so even if they could get over that, there wasnt enough time to organize visas for the tournament to go ahead here.

2 Likes

Yup true, but don’t be giving them ideas of moving this to January.

1 Like

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/infighting-scandal-and-covid-casts-a-shadow-over-brazils/rqb3k3dvq9hu10z9imdjb7aj4

Losing both the full-strength Seleccion and Lionel Messi and Co. would have been a body blow for organisers. Brazil’s squad, meanwhile, are expected to confirm on Wednesday at the latest that they are happy to represent their nation on home soil, something which looked far from certain as recently as 48 hours ago.

Anyone but Brazil to win, no offence to the players but Bolosarno is trying to use this to prop up his frankly fucking disgusting term in office.

Having him to hand out a trophy with the winners not being Brazil would be worth a watch. Fact is I can see some issues cropping up throughout. It doesn’t seem the Brazilian team are particularly happy with what he and his bunch of cretins intended to do, snubbing him would also be amusing.

This tournament has become a joke.

2 Likes

I’m seriously pissed with the players. Couldn’t stand up even for their own wellbeing. Spineless cunts.

2 Likes

With Bolosarno I’d be slightly concerned the guys basically backed up by old military men

Trump of the South gets his way then.

Brazil will choke now that it’s in their backyard.

2 Likes

Kind of hope so, Bolosarno’s face would be a picture.

1 Like

He’d just call the team a bunch of failures and turn the heat up on them through the fans.

1 Like
1 Like

I wish the entire Conmebol leadership is on board when it happens. :rage:

1 Like
1 Like

Mixed news then

1 Like

Brazil’s game tonight is live on BBC iPlayer for those in the UK; kick off is at 22:00. Wonder if any Reds will start? :thinking:

2 Likes

Assume Ali starts over Ederson?

Seems like Fred is getting in ahead of Fabinho to partner Casimerio. But tonight is their first copa fixture. I’d like to hope Fab starts.