Downunder Thread

By the way, the last death by spider bite in Australia was in 1979.

There is an Old Australian urban legend about the Spidereaper who comes back to kill 43 people every 43 years…and it so happens this is 2022…43 years after the last death…

no there isnt.

1 Like

That’s usually the last words of the victims in horror movies when they are told of the urban legends

1 Like

Yeah but a redback bite can still fuck up your kidneys and organs. Best kill any you find in or around your home.
Huntsmen are your friend though - cultivate them as they love to eat redbacks.

1 Like

Great news:

3 Likes

Good. Though, at first I thought he is recognizing the entire Jerusalem as Israel capital. :grimacing:

that’s some sized Coke on Kings Cross

Been to Empire a few times, although not sure it’s there anymore. same owners as the bar I worked at.

Teflon John by any chance?

If it were in Kings Cross I think it a high chance

1 Like

the bar was called the Palace at Coogee Beach, they owned the Empire in Kings Cross and one other in Parramatta was called the Roxy Hotel but I think it shut down 8-10yrs ago.

I just remember him owning a large number of bars and clubs in Kings Cross in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Can’t remember which he did own, but if it was in Kings Cross the chances of him being involved was pretty high.

some friends of mine owned the restaurant on the first floor (beach level) of the Palace. One of them is a high-level cop now, and ex-military. he wouldn’t have gotten involved with that fella, so I’m going to go with a hard no.

Another one that could have gone in other threads, but something to be happy about here in NSW…

2 Likes

Tragic

1 Like

Unfortunately this is so real. Even just as a student and travelling to Australia as an adult on business, I had my fair share of racism. Of course I love most of my time in Australia and overwhelmingly, most people I met are great but its really always such tragic incidents that brings to the forth of racism in Australia and probably in many places in this world.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/medical-data-hacked-from-10m-australians-begins-to-appear-on-dark-web/ar-AA1408Ou?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3a7475763b1d4077af034ff02e00c18c

Oh no :pensive::pensive::pensive:

BTW, @aussielad how’s your hemorrhoids?

They’re good thanks

By the way, only I can call them hemorrhoids, the rest of you lot must refer to them as my kids