TAN Greatest votes… on holiday

Dr Who another.

2 Likes

Vito Corleone
Walter white
Moriarty.

Strike out the last two if it’s only movies.

1 Like

There really ought to be some better female characters but I’m drawing a blank…that’s…shameful. Miss Marple about the best I can do…Elizabeth Bennett…I mean, that’s rubbish.

Mad Max another for the male contingent

1 Like

What about Wonder Woman? Or Debbie?

2 Likes

Off the top of my head…

Dale Cooper (if I really had to pick one Twin Peaks character - you could fill out this whole thread just by naming the whole cast)
Frank Pembleton and Tim Bayliss (likewise but these two are still something else)
Hannibal Lecter
William Somerset
Rust Cohle and Marty Hart
Jim Raynor
Tassadar

1 Like

I’ve only heard of two of those :grimacing:

1 Like

I know you’re having me on but for the sake of the joke, I hope it’s the last two! :wink:

1 Like

Mark Goldbridge

2 Likes

He’s a good character but Jon Doe is surely the bigger fix. Verbal Kint perhaps (presume no censoring of Spacey for the purpose of this thread?!).

2 Likes

No, genuinely!

Dale Cooper and Lecter. Drawing a blank on the rest…

1 Like

I’m enjoying the idea that Mark Goldbridge might be a fictional character. Another Edwards’ masterstroke?

3 Likes

William Somerset is Morgan Freeman’s character in Seven. Pembleton is in Homicide, I think. Not sure about the others!

1 Like

He actually literally is, mate. Not his real name, and there are rumors about that he’s actually a Forest fan, and just does the Goldbridge thing for clicks/likes/views/cash.

1 Like

After Andy Dufresne, it better be Verbal Kint. If not, I am sending my lawyer, Mr. Kobayashi :smirk:

1 Like

No more suggestions, thanks. We’ve got more than enough for our last sixteen. :+1:

1 Like

What impressed me about Somerset is that he’s the embodiment of the good side of society - unwillingly helping but recognising that evil is prevalent because all the good men do nothing. It struck a chord with me, while I found John Doe an elaborate, evil idealist who doesn’t stray from his principles - still a mightily strong character but didn’t resonate with me like Somerset (or Hannibal Lecter, who’s probably a much better comparison for someone like John Doe).

1 Like

His chat with the Gwynneth Paltrow character about raising a child and abortion. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that. Brilliant scene.

1 Like

All eight “last 16” ties are now open.

I’ll close them in a week’s time, then we’ll move onto the quarter finals.

Thanks for all your suggestions; I’m sorry that I couldn’t include them all but I’ll try to include more of them if we have another game after this one ends.

1 Like

Cohle and Hart are lead detectives from True Detective season 1. I assumed you watched it - if you didn’t, please do it, I think I have at least a tiny bit of credit with you!

Jim Raynor and Tassadar are main characters from StarCraft. I know you’re primarily an RPG fan and these two would have been worthy of an RPG, especially Tassadar. The kid in me fell in love with them twenty years ago and the fire still burns. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I’ve seen Se7en several times and did watch True Detective back when it came out… just I didn’t retain any of those characters’ names :rofl:

I never played StarCraft.

1 Like