Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

It’s all guesswork really, but I think a big mistake people make is thinking the lack of net spend recently rules out a pending big net spend. That not only not follows, but you would expect a club run with as much of a careful eye on responsible spending as us to mitigate the effect of a big net spend by periods of more balanced spending. Or to put it another way, keeping our powder dry until we’re ready to make a bang.

An opinion based on what I see of our accounts, who we’re linked to, what has been alluded to by those in charge etc, but also premised on my own bias, is we have the money primed to make some big moves, we’re just being very strategic over how we do it, conscious that we cannot readily undo a bad decision.

10 Likes

Analysis like this you mean?

It’s not exactly an affront to ask you to backup the things you state as facts is it? You’ve better things to do with your time than actually link to that evidence but you’ve time to tap out a sanctimonious response.

Some free advice to you as an admin of this forum. If you act all superior, make things personal and do your best to close down every opinion you disagree with then people will find somewhere they aren’t made to feel unwelcome for having an opinion that doesn’t match yours.

3 Likes

RAWK

That article is from 2021 when we were coming out of a covid crisis and had lost £120mil for the year…

Maybe try this years where we are about to post £600mil revenue for the first time ever.

1 Like

I think that’s semantics v’s the actual point being made, which is there is money to go big on a player. Would we walk if the sums get silly? More than likely also.

Just like the Mbappe and PSG wages offer we’d never match, you are right we could have backed away from Tchouamani but from all reports we offered £80mil for him, also many reports we offered £86mil for Bellingham, £50mil for Caicedo and £86mil for Valverde. So again the point being made is money is available, infinite money to compete with the likes of City, PSG and Real? Most certainly not.

That’s an analysis from us coming out of Covid, and Swiss Ramble has also noted that we did incredibly well in that regard - far better than most clubs and and excellent position to bounce back.

As someone said a few posts up, we’re about to post a record profit. I think if there is a suggestion we can’t can’t spent 100m on Bellingham, the burden of proof might be on you there.

You are asking me to sit down and research and evidence an opinion I’ve formed from maybe a year of seeing articles, threads and analysis of our accounts. The answer to that is, no I’m not doing that because I simply don’t have the time.

You are totally welcome to your opinion. If you don’t agree with me, I don’t really care. I’m posting about football on a fan forum in between a hundred other life tasks. I’m not writing a fucking dissertation. I’m saying that I’ve seen plenty of analysis out there that suggests we have the capacity to go big when we want to. If that is something you disagree with, then fine. I’m not looking for the validation of winning an argument with a stranger on the internet.

On no other football forum would you get away with shit like this. If this were RAWK you would be out without so much as a warning, so by all means go and try those communities and see what happens when you fail to toe the party line, or insult a mod.

When I, or any of the mods are chatting about football, we’re not doing so with our mod hats on (hats we’re all reluctant to put on) and personally I would appreciate it if you would chat about the footy rather than start offering snide, passive aggressive ‘advice’ about the administration of the site. It’s provocative, offered in bad faith, and I assure you entirely unwelcome.

2 Likes

I dunno, that was a meaty reply :rofl:

On a more serious note, I think you are both sound reds and I’m gutted to see it getting tetchy.

We all know we started the season badly. We all know we look short in midfield, despite the numbers.

Who we go on to recruit in future, and how much we spend… let’s see.

In the meantime, I wish we could be a bit more unified.

In the meantime, the Queen’s funeral and the international break have put the skids on the action, and I’m sure that is adding to the frustration.

Winning run coming up. Game on!

1 Like

Nah, if I really was writing a dissertation, I would have increased the font size, double line spaced it, and pulled in all the margins. I used to know all the tricks :rofl:

2 Likes

Done Deal!!!

3 Likes

Happy If You Say So GIF

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem cricket to tout for another forum on here.

Don’t know anyone in person and have no beef with anyone, but that doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

To be fair, anyone with a sound mind would avoid that poster’s judgment…

Declan rice much better

Watched him last game…and this…never gives up…bit of a fighter…

1 Like

Bellingham vastly over valued

He’s shite anyway, only looks good in a farmer’s league. Be a different story in PL, like Haaland…

1 Like

I did see that. Someone sent it to me. It was a bit surreal, to be honest. Someone sent me the clip on my phone and I saved it straight away and watched it about three or four times, then had to calm myself down. But when one of your heroes says something like that about you it’s a good indication of where you’re at.

Stevie owns us a promising young English midfielder after the Dele Alli thing.

Top notch Twitter journalism that one.

trent getting a little portly these days.

3 Likes