Ex-player: Naby KEITA

Milner wasn’t, he was a great signing…came as a 29 year old on a free as a well respected figure and we saw the improvements in the team early on which then led to success…played in all the big champions league games …4-0 over Barca he was there, 2-0 in CL final he was there, 3-1 at the Allianz he was there…sadly he’s not that player anymore, people take that as an being insulting or having a dig…it’s not, eventually happens to every player.

Same can’t be said for Ox I’m afraid, I don’t know why some hold him with such affection…there’s this mindset where if the team is winning no one can have the finger pointed at.

No one will remember Ox playing for Liverpool after his career is done.

Do you not understand?

I’m not arguing about whether Ox has been a hit or not.

I’m saying that he wasn’t an Arsenal reject. We’d £35m, after he’d refused a contract extension from them.

I was at Anfield when Ox scored a screamer against City in the Champions League, when we beat them 3-0. I’ll never forget that night, or his goal - its actually the only goal of that game I can remember.

I was also at the away game against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium the season we won the PL - Ox scored a lovely goal from a ball over the top from Hendo (I think Hendo anyway) to open the scoring. Funnily enough, Naby also scored a nice goal that day. Again, won’t forget that day.

So yeah - that’s two Ox moments that I will never forget, therefore you’re wrong.

3 Likes

No I hear you very well.

So your arguement that he wasn’t an Arsenal reject was because we spent 35m on a player who refused an extension?

His wage demands were ridiculous, he was asking for something like 180k a week & assurances he would be moved from rwb to midfield. Arsenal rightfully wouldn’t offer that to someone who was a crock, and when he did play was average at best.

Chelsea were offering higher wages to Ox. He was an in demand player. He rejected Arsenal not the other way round.

I mean remembering how someone played and a few of the goals they scored are very different things right?

I remember Meireles scoring some worldies against the likes of Wolves, but I wouldn’t say I remembered much about his the way he played.

You’re either remembered for being the worst of the worst (Your Itandje’s your Diouf’s your Karius’ Hodgson’s etc) or you’re remembered as being the best of the best (Klopp’s / Gerrard’s / Suarez / Coutinho’s / Virgil’s / Salah’s), the moments that changed the course of history…that’s what you remember.

Ox will be forgotten about.

You can’t just sweep everyone into how you see the game. Not sure how a few goals and remembering how they play are different? Both Meireles and Ox were good at certain things, and for that, I will always remember them.

I remember players long past their Liverpool days - whether they ended up being club legends, middle of the road, or total cunts (Diouf!!!).

Maybe you’re trying to say that Ox won’t be remembered as in there won’t be a statue of him - that would be fair.

1 Like

Come on Rupzz I’m not “sweeping” no one aside, I’m simply putting my view forward as how players are remembered and spoken about even after they’ve retired. Meireles has not once been spoken about, he’s a forgotten man…same way Ox will be in a few years.

How can you not know the difference? You think Hendo and Milner will be remembered for the goals/pens they scored? Course not, they’ll be remembered for the commitment and leadership driving a team forward…Hendo will be remembered as a player who dedicated pretty much his whole career for this club.

If you remember all the middle of the road players then you sir have some fucking memory and can only salute you.

Disagree. Meireles was here for one season at a difficult time for the club (yet he’s clearly remembered as we’re talking about him now). Ox has been here for five years and has been a well liked member of the team who has contributed on and off the pitch during some of our best years. I think I’ll remember him decades from now.

I’m sure Southampton too appreciated the money we paid them for Lovren since it helped them buy Virgil…

Oh wait which one are we talking about again?

Nonsense, you perceive it as affection because you call him “waste of space” and “reject”, justifiably rile other posters up and they come after you.

It’s not sentimentalism or favouritism, you are pissing people off when you are disrespecting someone who has done nothing wrong throughout his time at the club except of having the “temerity” of getting injured.

2 Likes

I call him that because that’s what he’s been. How can I see it any other way? Because he scored a few goals in a few big games however long ago it was now? So, what’s he done since…? Andy Carroll smashed a belter past City when he was here which was also a big game, fans can have their opinions on players.

I wouldn’t rile up to those who love him as a player.

Nothing against him as a person, I’m sure he’s loving life with his gorgeous fiancé and beautiful son doing fancy dances on their marble stairs.

But as a footballer he came through as your typical English hype job and flattered to deceive most his career…injured for half.

1 Like

You’re a waste of space, and yet you’re still here…

3 Likes

Guinea manager Kaba Diawara on Keita:

“We are monitoring his situation very closely. We still have a little over two weeks before our first game. There are chances of getting him back by then.”

I’m wondering if he’s being optimistic to save his skin…

What big matches are Guinea playing anyway?

EDIT: Just looked it up, and they’re friendlies.

Stephen Colbert Middle Finger GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

It’s not that long since he was brought back into the team in Mo’s position when he went to AFCON, and got a couple of goals and assists as we won all the games.

It’s degrees of respect. We can probably all agree that Ox’s time is up, and he hasn’t really got going again since the really bad injury at the end of his first season. He would have ideally moved on by now.

There is no need for the stuff you’ve come out with.

2 Likes

Friendlies 2 weeks from now is kinda pointless for now. But if Keita goes there, it shows a lot about how he respects his paymaster.

Or his body. Or the medical staff we have here.

Yup…I have no idea why is he throwing his club footballing future away for his country.

Its been said many a time before but its not Keita’s choice who gets in the Guinea squad it is the decision of their management

2 Likes