The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The two posts immediately above this one have given me a raging boner.

3 Likes

Interesting narrative that seems to be developing around Utd and the Glazers and that is they they dont care to actually win things, as long as they do well enough (CL) that they meet their revenue targets. If you look at their spending, while the pattern might be expected of any genuinely ambitious side that has a down year and needs to improve, the fact their average spend in summers after they missed CL football is twice that of their regular spending might back up that idea.

3 Likes

As a non-native speaker and a rival fan, I’m pleasantly surprised by the level of grammar on their forums, judging by the screenshots posted above. They seem to value what Liverpool have more than some Liverpool fans, though, yet they have some very good players themselves.

Interesting, though, that their recruitment has always been directed towards a few big names which they didn’t want to give up on at any cost, while Liverpool’s recruitment was a bit more flexible, and that for the best (e.g. Salah, Wijnaldum, Robertson).

1 Like

I’m trying to work out the reason for Abramavich’s Chelsea splurge, which comes after years of people saying he’d lost interest with the club… because to me the least plausible explanation is that he’s rediscovered his passion for it.

You didn’t have one already hearing today’s news?

Unrelated - when does an erection become a priapism? Asking for a friend.

6 Likes

I understand a Priapism is an sustained erection in the absence of stimulus, so today doesn’t count.

8 Likes

I think it’s quite clever on their behalf. They definitely using their position (the financial security of being backed by a billionaire) to go hard and fast at a market where most other clubs are being extremely cautious. They are not going to struggle to meet FFP, so it’s not a matter of Roman bankrolling them. But the security he brings allowed them to have a clear run at quite a few players they might otherwise not have had a sniff at.

2 Likes

Same here mate. The missus has been using it as a towel rack for the time being. Will update if it lasts longer than four hours.

3 Likes

They’re absolutely melting down on the Caf right now. Pissed about their lack of transfers and how everyone around them has gotten so much stronger. Even their yearly “RAWK goes into meltdown” thread is mostly people praising us for being so well run and expecting us to win the league again this year.

If I am dreaming, I don’t want to wake up.

Hand towels :thinking:

1 Like

I actually got spooked reading the posts by @Retro_Helix. Very sensible and sober. What the hell is happening.

Beach towels.

2 Likes
4 Likes

You know where this is going…

Pics or GTFO.

1 Like

Gotta love that VeevaVee quote,where our transfer policy has been for instant success and nobody has called us out on buying the league because we done it on the cheap.

If we bought our squad on the cheap,how in the fuck is that buying the league,I’m either reading that wrong or thats one of the most numb nut statements i’ve ever seen.lol

5 Likes

2 Likes

Credit where credit’s due: the man’s got wood.

6 Likes

It’s quite a thing to appear so stupid, but he pulled it off with ease.

3 Likes

Our transfer in and outs speak for themselves, we’ve spent 23m over the last 4 windows, with Thiago that technically goes up to 43m.

That’s nothing, end of the day Edwards played a blinder on Coutinho. Out went a player complaining of back issues and in came two top class players which we badly needed and who have been vital in our two achievements in the last two years.

If only other managers cottoned on to buying players in the right places and not over loading talent where they have bought already.

1 Like

Ok… All those look like our guys trolling manu fans. There could be an infinite number of alternate universe and alternate realities and in none of them are manu fans sensible.

4 Likes