Pre- and In- Match: Premier League / Norwich City Vs Liverpool / Sat 14th Aug / 1730 hrs

Ox training in Torres’ Nike Total 90 from 2010. Striker state of mind.

:joy:

3 Likes

Agree, for me he’s the one in midfield who absolutely should start. I’ve had Milner and Keita as the other two, just because they’ve had a full pre season.

However, then suddenly Ox gave everyone a reminder the other day of how good he can be in midfield. So happy for him, must have felt great. Maybe he’s in the conversation as well after that.

And then there’s Elliott, who also has been good. So we’ll see, I have a feeling Klopp wants Milner on the field in the likely absence of both Henderson and Thiago. But the last spot seems more up in the air for me now than a couple of weeks ago.

Unlucky that, but he’ll be back soon. Back stronger.

1 Like
1 Like

Just leaving this here in case this would have been missed and anyone is interested in joining in. Since this is not part of The Albert and there are lot of predictions in this pre match thread, which the game is based on itself :slight_smile:

Norwich team news from WhoScored:

• Norwich lost Emiliano Buendia over the summer but have so far managed to keep hold of Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell. The latter is actually an injury doubt heading into Saturday’s game with Liverpool.
  • Pre-season has been a bit of a nightmare for Norwich due to several positive COVID-19 cases but summer signing Milot Rashica is one of those back in training and available for this one.
  • Norwich signed Billy Gilmour on loan from Chelsea to replace Oliver Skipp, who returned to Tottenham over the summer. The Scotland international should be nailed on for a debut here.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549546/Preview/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Norwich-Liverpool

1 Like

Just found the thread for this, I was looking for it in Matchdays and assumed everyone was off on holiday.

I’m wondering whether our good run from last season will continue although I seem to remember that we ended that Crystal Palace game with the centre backs’ heads stuck together with duck tape.

I was expecting to see a few new faces by now. I’m looking forward to see what Konaté can do but maybe not having to make wholesale changes is no bad thing?

I’m up in Bremen this weekend so I may end up watching this on my phone. First day of the season is always hard to predict but I think we should be looking at a no-frills away win here.

Nope, we were just having a spirited discussion about shirt vs. kit vs. jersey :innocent:

1 Like

It’s important to get this stuff sorted before the start of the season. Imagine if a debate like that broke out right before a CL semi-final. It’d be terrible for morale.

Lucky we stamped out all that jersey nonsense early doors.

Where did they get all of those Meguire’s to stand in like that, the yellow one’s?

I didn’t know you could get them off the shelf. Perhaps we better not tell United.

1 Like

We’ve looked really sharp and focused in pre-season despite the usual profligacy in front of goal and tendency to concede from every attack against us. Looks to me like the lads know they all have real competition for their places.
Norwich on the other hand have had a very difficult pre-season with injuries and Covid. They do however have Billy Gilmour on loan and he beat us single-handedly in the cup a couple of years ago when he was 12.
Everything points to a routine win and I believe we’ll bring home the 3 points. Make no mistake, anything less will be a major disappointment.

3 Likes

A peremptory statement thrashing of The Canaries would be a good season-opener, but I’ll settle for a scrappy 0-1. Can’t fucking wait :smile: :+1:t2:
EDIT - But more than that I want us to DICK Chelski.

Are you kitting :wink:

Josh Seargent - was great at the U18s a couple years ago, but didn’t really shine for Werder Bremen.

Still very young so us Americans have hope he will come good - starting week 2 of course.

Probably come on for Pukki

1 Like
1 Like

There needs to be a Joel Matip sitcom

5 Likes

Was disappointed myself, when I watched “Mr. Glass”, and it wasn’t his life story.

This is like waiting to go out on a date you just know your going to score some putang! Im so excited, got my scarf cleaned, washed some team shirts, got the flags up on the patio. slicing some cheese and sausage, with crackers and mustard tomorrow. Going to be great. I might even take a shower prior to game time! GO REDS!

1 Like