Pre Match Thread : Liverpool vs Leeds United 12/09/2020; 17:30 BST

Will TAA be ready?

Midfield will be about the only possible surprise for this. Hopefully it’s 4-3-3 with Gini, Kieta, and Fabinho. Fabinho last name on team sheet. It would be even better to see Kieta, Gini, and Jones, I just don’t think it will happen. Milner is great, but I think I’ve reached the point where I only want to see him during the last 20 of games.

If Gini/Thiago thing happens, it’ll probably be Milner in somewhere, with Thiago on bench to start, but much rather see Jones, Kieta, and Fabinho in that case.

I expect Gomez to keep his place for first game, and then I expect Matip will be breathing down his neck for the spot. Be interesting to see how it plays out over the course of the year with those two. I expect Gomez gets first crack at it, his to lose. Matip was immense last year when fit though.

Looking forward to the new season (that’s an understatement). Klopp always plays with formations early in the season before he settles on 4-3-3, so the longshot bet would be Minamino involved from the start in 4-2-3-1, but can’t see it from start if I’m honest. Expect to see it around 70 though.

New forum, new season, let’s smash Leeds and show them how champions play.

6 Likes

Probable bloodbath on the terraces. I won’t be taking the missus to this one no way. The police might step in and advise the league to make it behind closed doors as a precaution. Most likely they won’t have the balls to do that.
2-0 to the team with the fewest red cards. Hope it’s worth all the grievous bodily harm charges they’re going to be handing out like candy after they disperse the white peril away fans…

1 Like

Who is this @ISMF1 and what is his record for match Threads?

11 Likes

Pffff. A newbie, just joined :wink: :joy:.

We’re all undefeated at the minute.

3 Likes

Wow took 5 minutes to find out how to reply lol

My lineup prediction

——————— Alisson————————
Trent——-Gomez——-Virg——Robbo——
—————Fabinho—-Keita——————-
——-Mo———Minamino———Mane——
———————Bobby—————————

I personally think we will go for a 4231 due to the lack of Hendo and Gini (pending on his move). Minamino was fantastic in pre season and in the charity shield so deserves a start.

Trent will be rushed back I think also.

Leeds is not the ideal team to come up against first game of season as an unknown quantity but give me a Norwich opening day again and I’ll be happy.

2-1 final score

9 Likes

We gonna get relegated

Never saw much of Leeds last season, but keep hearing about Kelvin Phillips. Is he worth the hype or is this all the usual Leeds fans full of hot air?

Bit of a banana skin this one.

6 Likes

I can imagine some Leeds fans are thinking just that right now. They are this season’s Norwich. Probably won’t beat Man City though unfortunately.

2 Likes

Sigh, I have to learn all those little things again. Thanks guys, love you.

1 Like

I’m nervous. The fixture, of course. And the workings of the new site. It’s a lot for me. Let’s see if this works…YNWA!

6 Likes

I hope Fabinho moves a bit faster against Leeds than he did the weekend 3-0 Liverpool.

1 Like

This is the one that counts. Hopefully, the lads are on it from the off. Looking forward to a great game to kick off the new season. Go Reds!

1 Like

Fabinho is subject of a bit of negativity at the moment? Expect him up to speed and breaking up attacks and starting counters. Keita and Jones ahead of him in a three. Only other query is Matip or Gomez.
Comfortable (hopefully!)

1 Like

Bit confused here…but I’ll get there I’m sure…

1 Like

What’s this discobot???

1 Like

Don’t click on that. Bad news. It takes you to @cymrured’s ABBA website.

8 Likes

As ever the front 3 picks itself. As does the defence. And goalkeeper. And most of the midfield, bar the choice between Jones and Gini. If Gini’s head is in the right place then he starts.
Bench will be Matip, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Divock. Thin.
These will fancy their chances. We need to put them straight and send out a message to the rest of the division that we’re going to defend our title.
Maybe Hendo will make the bench and get a few minutes. I hope so because we’re a different team with him in it. Having him fit and signing Tiago (or similar) will have me feeling a lot more confident than I do right now.
I see a narrow 2-1 to the Reds, Mane and Salah.

1 Like

I just want a win…against these bullies.

You got something against ABBA???

1 Like