Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

How could West Ham win the league in November? It’s not possible. Everton won it in September!

Are we in mid/late 00’s when Sissoko was a FM wonder like Gini?

:joy:

Really depends where they end up hosting it….

I think they reached an agreement on Chelsea and without any quarantine or restrictions it’s likely Salah would only miss two and Mane most probably as well.

I’d restrictions come into place that becomes more awkward but the AFCON was still under threat before this new strain.

4 Likes

Interesting match today, a much better test of where Arsenal are than facing Liverpool at Anfield. If the Gunners can pick up even a draw, you have to start taking them seriously as 4th place contenders. They have clearly shown they are nowhere near the top 3, but with the exception of West Ham beating us a month ago, that has generally been the case for all the sides around Arsenal.

On the other hand, a loss might trigger a sense of ‘same old, same old’

4 Likes

Yeah should be an interesting one…

The AFCON final is due to take place on 6 Feb. We play Leicester on the 9 Feb, so if either Mane/Salah/Naby make the final, its likely they miss that, from a fitness perspective.

Our games during AFCON are due to be Brentford (H), and Crystal Palace (A).

Brentford will be losing Onyeka, who plays a fair bit for them.

Crystal Palace will be losing a few important players - Kouyate, Schlupp, Ayew, and Zaha

Both games I’d expect us to be able to win without Mane and Mo - would expect Bobby to be back firing and we have Div and Taki around who have both looked decent when called upon this season.

Leicester will be losing players to AFCON too - Amartey, Ndidi, and Iheanacho. Again, I’d back us against Leicester at home missing one of Mo or Salah (assuming both don’t make the final!).

Meanwhile City won’t be too heavily affected, losing only Mahrez. Don’t expect them to be too negatively affected, especially if they bring a striker in early in the window.

Chelsea will be losing Mendy, meaning the worlds most expensive goalkeeper will be back between the sticks (yay), as well as Ziyech. They face Man City (A)(!!!) and Spurs (H) during AFCON. Plus they have the World Club Cup to contend with.

Overall, given the fixtures we have, I’m not too concerned about AFCON at the moment. Think it could hit Chelsea harder given their fixtures. I’d expect Conte to have Spurs firing by Jan.

7 Likes

It’s the Chelsea game before it that concerns me, I think we have enough as you say in the other games. I also don’t think Egypt are strong enough to go further than the Quarters (guess we will see).

Mendy is a big loss for them.

2 Likes

Mendy is a loss yeah, Ziyech not so much. We’ll see how Kepa does.

1 Like

McFred rides again!!!

2 Likes

But they haven’t played that bad either. Their position is still very respectable.
These are not that horrid results, my friend. Just a bit disappointing against Brighton and Wolves. We can’t, and certainly they shouldn’t, expect them to win against all mid-table teams. They have not that strong a squad imo.

1 Like

Oops, Spurs scored the 1st goal.
(Edit: Sounds like an OG by Brentford.)

1 Like

Sacking a manager and putting the coaching staff he had below him in charge produces similar results. Who would have thought it!?

1 Like

I like Glenn Hoddle as a pundit. Talks sense and always understated.

I also like to comfort myself with the belief that it may actually be the best they have.

Not bad for half a bil…

:grimacing:

He bores me to tears with his old fashioned crap and keeps repeating the same cliches.

1 Like

Fred is shite lolz

I’m an old fashioned sort of guy myself and that’s exactly why I prefer him to the likes of Carragher and Neville and the rest of the Talk Sport generation.

I’m old and old fashioned myself but I hate him.

Selfish arrogant cock. 4 on 3 simple ball to play in the fellow strikers and he has to shoot himself. Wonder who I’m talking about……

1 Like

Co-commentator Manc vs Gunners: 10 minutes gone, the quality of both teams are so poor.

1 Like