Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

If Southgate comments are right it makes sense for the Man City game to be earlier than usual it would be at their ground as they often swap.

Though we started away last season so they usually swap it to start at home.

You’re right aren’t you? Well maybe I meant to say first 6.

Saying that we went three in a row at home so probably doesn’t matter.

But I believe they often flip H and A on the season so I have a feeling we would be A to city when we play them first.

1 Like

3-0 to us!
You asked!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it make sense to do the fixtures more or less based on last seasons league standings?

Last years champion vs runner up on matchday 38!!!

There is an algorithm on the premier league fixtures which basically stops the big games being match day 1, match day 38 or other important dates such as Boxing Day.

I think it basically stops the “big 6” from getting each other as well as derbys etc.

So with that in mind our opening fixture will not be City, Chelsea. Spurs. Arsenal, United or Everton.

We’ll get one of the below

West Ham
Villa
Forest
Leeds
Bournemouth
Fulham
Newcastle
Palace
Southampton
Brighton
Brentford
Leicester
Wolves

We were away last year first to Norwich so I’d fancy us to be home this year first and I reckon we’ll get palace or Fulham

2 Likes

In that case its 4

6 Likes

Manchester City get four home games immediately before Champions League matches, Liverpool and Chelsea three, Tottenham two.

2 Likes

But that also likely means their matches post CL fixtures are all aways?

1 Like

Another starting game against a newly promoted side.

It will be the fourth season in a row in which Liverpool have started a new campaign against a Premier League newcomer.

1 Like

I’ve gone for Abu Dhabi to acquire the PL title again next season.

Recent history has shown us there are enough bent referees to cost us 5 or 6 points over the course of the season while simultaneously gifting them the same amount.

That will be the difference again.

3 Likes

My prediction for the season - With Bissouma gone and Cucurella likely to follow him, Brighton will struggle to replace them and find themselves towards the bottom. There will then be a large group of people patting themselves on the back gloating over their assessment of Potter not being that good being proven correct completely ignoring that no matter how good the coaching you still need good players on the pitch.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Arsenal 5-1 Ipswich
Crystal Palace 1-1 Accrington Stanley

1 Like

The Accrington Stanley squad (well some of them were queuing behind me at Sainsburys on Friday night (Staying at Kingston’s poshest hotel it seems).*

4 cans of Stella and some haribo does wonders apparently :wink:

*Did think there was a few big coaches parked there last season so must be used by a fair few teams for the London south west sides.

I see a fair few Arsenal shirts around… it’s the hope that kills you isn’t it.

1 Like

Considering they are already playing warmup games, they must have started their training pretty early.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread, but figured here was as appropriate as anywhere else as we don’t know which club or player. As always with legal matters be very careful what you say

From the article:

The player is in his late 20s and is currently in custody being quizzed over an alleged attack which is said to have taken place last month.

The club has been contacted by Telegraph Sport and is aware the player is being questioned, but it declined to comment.

On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police," the Met Police said in a statement. “It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022.”

Police said the man was arrested “at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody where he remains”.

The player is internationally renowned and it is unclear whether he will now play in his club’s pre-season fixture schedule. The Premier League season begins on August 5 and the player is also due to play at the World Cup in Qatar this November

EDIT: O’Keefe is an FA registered intemediary who works in player representation. Says not a Spurs player.

BBC reported the player being taken into custody is 29-yr-old.

1 Like