Ex-player: Roberto FIRMINO

Still not convinced we’re ever going to see the old Bobby back. It was Bournemouth after all and two of those assists were… well, they were blammed in from outside the box.

Good game from him though, I love me a Bobby Dazzler when he’s on form, I genuinely hope it’s a renaissance and not a false dawn.

2 Likes

‘Finished’ is a bit harsh.

His performances heavily depend on opponents playing style.

We play a different style of football since Thiago arrived.

Basically said goodbye with Gini and Mané gone.

Bobby can’t do it alone.

I am sure he will have a very good season for us and would love him to stay for another year but I believe he’ll leave next summer.

2 Likes

Firmino was excellent against Bournemouth but it was as easy a game as you’ll get in this league. We could have started with Bobby Clark or Nat Phillips up front and still won that 5-0.

The proof will be in the games in which we’re given a challenge and so far this season he was abysmal in the 2 he started. We have a tough run of games coming up, a congested fixture list, so he has plenty of opportunity to prove himself. By mid october we’ll have a clear sense of whether he should be offered a new contract or not.

4 Likes

You would think he would he would have been offered a contract by now if the club was planning to keep him but there has been no talk of it. I’d say the club have already made their decision on whether to offer him a contract or not.

Everyone says he was abysmal in the 2 games he started, yet Klopp thinks he was our best player against Manure!
Also it wasn’t just down to Bobby, and as I have said, he had to come deep cos no one else could maintain possession against Manure. Low and behold we get our players to keep possession, he plays higher up and is able to play at his best i.e in the opponents final 3rd. Saying all this, I do think Nunez would have scared Manure the most as he has the pace and aerial threat to hurt them. But slating Bobby for coming deep to help break the press from the opposition isn’t right when there were possibly 9 players that were worse on the pitch

2 Likes

Nah, he was shit against United.

1 Like

And that is why Klopp is our manager and you aren’t!!!

1 Like

I’m sure Klopp made a disparaging comment.

Watch the post match Liverpool v Bournemouth

Klopp said that Bobby was amazing in training, so didn’t know what went wrong for him in the match.

1 Like

Watch the Bournemouth post match with regards to how he thought Bobby played in the Man U game

This is the quote I was after. Firmino was my man of the match in this, he was way off that in the Man Utd match, then again not the worst player.

The official site has a average position map at half time on Saturday and the irony was about three players further forward than Diaz who hadn’t changed his position. (He was furthest forward on Monday).

It might be Klopp view post Saturday but he said something different post Monday and I happen to agree with him on Monday.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought he was alright against Utd, albeit playing very much as a midfielder. Klopp clearly wasn’t impressed though.

Regarding him starting against Bournemouth (as per @Sportbilly1966’s comment) Klopp doesn’t have the luxury of dropping players right now.

The positioning bar Diaz seemed all wrong for about 35 mins. In almost the corresponding 45 at Bournemouth it’s as absurd as Man Utd however it’s explained by the goals we scored.

It is how we need to be at teams mind, we didn’t play fire with fire against any of the first three and they got settled. Fulham’s situation came about by the changes. It’s why I’ve been a bit protective of Elliott elsewhere because I think he was the biggest contributor to that.

I think Firmino is an option once Jota and Nunez are back for the CM especially when your attacking them others may completely disagree.

If the value isn’t there it’s worth a shout. Though only as a season option.

I actually thought this experiment of Firmino in the middle worked quite well and we did create a fair bit it’s an option going forward.

I also think if he starts we probably win.

3 Likes

This guy in Midfield when needing to attack now seems a Klopp option. Second time he has done it.

1 Like

He certainly wouldn’t be the first to make that transition and he is an ideal candidate for the role.

1 Like

Damn, we aren’t signing any midfielder in the summer; are we :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like

If Bobby keeps on getting those numbers when he starts + Jürgen continuing to bring him on as a ‘midfielder’ when needed than I think it’s a no brainer to extend his contract. False9 False8 False10 :joy:

Who needs midfield signings when you can convert Bobby or just extend Milner’s contract.