Ex-Player: Takumi MINAMINO

No idea, still what ever all the reasons I think it was the ‘correct’ move. Mainly because it offered more chance to play AOC, Jones, Keita and Jota whilst giving an opportunity to Mina to get game time in EPL as well.
Also I’m pretty sure both the club and player wanted this loan.

2 Likes

Kabak was 20 years old. Doesn’t count towards the 17 non-homegrown?

He does on the UEFA competition list. Under 21s can only be added to the B list if they’ve been at your club at least two seasons. Otherwise they either have to be in the 4 + homegrown spots or the maximum of 17 non-homegrown players.

Even if we sell him for £12m, we will be making 50% profit. :sunglasses:

Rumour has it, he’s left the Japan squad to return to Liverpool for club reasons.

Moving to Southampton by the sounds of it?

1 Like

There can be many reasons for leaving the NT camp, after all, Japan has already qualified for the next round and he might be off to his vacation.

However, coming to Liverpool, if true, is very indicative and significant. Can’t see any other reasons other than negotiating a transfer deal.

1 Like

Early pre-season perhaps? Maybe I’m just being too optimistic in not wanting to let him go…

1 Like

The Japanese saying it’s due to club circumstances. Must be organising a move away or medical for a move.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s a loan deal rather than a transfer.

I’m not yet ready to write him off, and knowing what Klopp is like I don’t think he will have either

2 Likes

Must be a move to Southampton 12m plus add ons is my guess.

1 Like

There can’t be any early preseason. Even Klopp is on vacation. The training start on July 21.

July 12th it is

1 Like

Yeah, my bad. :grimacing:

I think there is a reality that even if a player has it in him to kick on, there is an inertia that builds the longer you flail around.

1 Like

Don’t think Klopp would let him go but if Soton offers anything upwards of 15m, we just might

1 Like

If we can get any kind of decent money for a player, this just isn’t the summer to turn it down. There are things we need to do, and we need the cash. I saw Harry Wilson to Leeds has broken down over the fee, and I really hope that’s not the case.

4 Likes

That was last summer, right?

We’ll be lucky to get 12m

It’s early in the window, Leeds are not in any rush to agree a deal for a player they probably don’t see as a day one starter. It’s just negotiations.

This also isn’t the summer to throw assets away for minimal fees. We’ve already seen the likes of Marseille being able to throw big money around. Crowds are back next season and there is confidence that no more lockdowns will be required, the market isn’t as depressed as we think it will be.

1 Like

I don’t see any conceivable roles for the likes of Wilson, Ojo, Grujic, Karius, Taiwo, Shaqiri, Origi; among others. I’m not saying that we should sell this bunch for whatever scraps thrown at us. But this is a bunch that will not come in handy in the foreseeable future.

2 Likes