TAN Fun with Flags

I know that school…crazy school uniform. Did you have to wear that every day or just special occasions?

1 Like

I just read some of it and it is indeed interesting.

3 Likes

Every day mate, even on weekends.

I did once, I can not remember why, it is facinating.

What was the uniform like? Some wild blazer? I assume a school with some notable standing/history - my school didn’t have a flag, or even proper school uniforms - we had polo T’s and a round neck sweatshirt FFS,

1 Like

I think the flag has been posted on the forum before by one of my brothers, albeit a Cardiff gobshite - possibly @CymruRed ?

How many flags can you recognize from this photo???

1 Like

I can not remember the flag but it was surely a discussion on here/TIA and involved someone welsh. :grin:

1 Like

Not quite… :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a Tudor uniform, unchanged since 1552 when the school (Christ’s Hospital) was founded by Edward VI.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Maryland is my least favourite aesthetically.

1 Like

This one took some time to come about.

Yeah, what the fuck is going on with Maryland? Too many notes, Amadeus.

I like Alaska and Wyoming.

Arguably, Alabama will win ‘draw your state flag in the fastest time’ contest.

Yo lftikhar…
Can we put this in the top ten please

3 Likes

I am sure you took that off a cross section of a road junction in google maps

Probably the most necessary flag in the world

It’s the flag of Devon, county in England officially adopted in 2006 (although variants have been used for ages)

It’s funny what flags can signify, the 'unofficial flag of Ile de France:

Has been reported to be an insignia of the far right in France and used to point to the gilets jaunes being far right. Yet it is a popular regionale flag (in the region where the protests took place). Admittedly it has royalist connotations however I highly question the adoption of it by the far right (royalists yes but the far right don’t want the royals they want the power for themselves).

My old school’s uniform wasn’t quite as flash:

7 Likes

UK flag with Devon, Cornwall and Jersey

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKDLQWEvubc

We sometimes forget how much a flag can mean to a nation…

3 Likes