TAN PL Prediction League 23-24

Ooh nice, bit of a flurry of people joining today, up to 13 in the league :+1:

Ok, so this is what I suggest - everyone taking part in the league set the notifications in this thread (by clicking that little bell-shaped icon on the right of the screen) to ‘watching’, that way they’ll get an alert whenever there’s a new post in here.

I’ll try my best to remember to post a little reminder in here ahead of each round of games (though anyone is welcome to do so in case I forget - any post here will activate the alert, not just mine).

1 Like

Mmmmmm, my second place is still garanteed I recon … :innocent: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was planning to have a Liverpool specific predictor game this time around, focusing on our PL games to begin with. Predictions on our starting line up, first substitution and timing for the same, time of first goal and final score was what I had in mind.

Let me know if you guys would be interested in this. I’ll initiate the thread with the rules, points, etc. if we have a decent number of us on board.

That seems complicated. Not sure how long i can hold up the interest , but i’ll be game for that

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like a nice thing to do, but I’ll probably stand aside for this one, as I’ve already got a couple of fantasy football leagues and this prediction league to manage.

1 Like
  1. Predict the results of each week/matchday
  2. Wrong prediction, ZERO point
  3. Correct RESULT (win/draw/loss), ONE point
  4. Correct SCORE (2-1, 0-4 etc.), THREE points
  5. Predictions must be submitted one hour before the kick-off of the first game of the day.

:thinking:

1 Like

Something on those lines, yes. Predicting will not be too complicated. Calculating scores would be a little bit, but I’ll manage that. And it’ll be only for our games, hence some additional aspects like line ups, substitutions etc. We anyways do that in match thread :wink:

Wouldn’t that make it a bit too complicated? But you should add/award points for scorer prediction.

Below is what I had in mind as an example:

Norwich vs Liverpool
Predicted starting XI – Alisson, Trent, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino.
Final score – 1-3
Time of first goal of the game – 12 mins
Liverpool scorer for the first goal – Fabinho
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution – 87 mins

Personally think that putting a prediction in this format shouldn’t be complicated considering it’s once every week and the format can be copy pasted to incorporate changes. But yes, happy to hear out. The final score of the games we are anyways predicting in the game ZB posted, so certain aspects as above add a different flavor.

Also had some thoughts around the points:

Every correct predicted player in starting line-up – 1 point
Home side score correct prediction – 3 points
Away side score correct prediction – 3 points
Time of first goal of the game correct prediction* – 7 points
Liverpool’s scorer for the first goal correct prediction - 4 points
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution correct prediction* – 5 points
Max total possible points in a round: 33
For ‘Time of first goal’ and ‘time of first sub’ ± 2mins can be the range for correct prediction

This will only make sense and be fun if we have a good number of players though. :slight_smile:

Way too much work for me, I’ll last a week.

1 Like

You can do just the results predictions.

Actually, I’ll give it a go. Pumped for the new season.

Might be worth starting a dedicated thread though @Colossal_centre_back, to help capture players not already playing the prediction league (and so probably not following this thread).

2 Likes

Sure. Yeah, just wanted to check if it even would be worth starting. Apologies for hijacking this thread though for it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So do I, I’ll pass.

Yeah, that’s right. What if you never lock them though? Will your predictions be counted?

Yes I believe. I think it’s got more to do with making it visible to others and you being able to view others’ predictions before the gameweek starts.

Ah right, thanks mate.

1 Like

The Champ is here. You can all fight for 2nd place.

16 participants, barely any bragging rights for me.

We need paid advertising to boost this!
Or maybe lets shame everyone who hasn’t signed up?
You cant go to Anfield if you don’t participate!

Those Anti-Predictors make me sick!