TAN's Fantasy Football League 23/24 season. GW2 deadline -18th Aug

‘Calm As You Like’ is my entry

Total 12 now. Code to join is on the first post by ZB.

Calm As You Like - @SpecialK210
Transfer Window King - ???
Athletic Waldaz FC - ???
Poetry in motion - @kotsebotse
Armchair Critics FC - ??
Gimpsters Wizard - ??
idonemybest - ??
A’Live & Kicking - ??
NabyLad -??
Awful colours - @jgw_geneseo
Bottlers United - @ZinedineBiscan
Gini Mini Mane Mo - Colossal_CB

“Van Dyke’s Dicks” - it is I

And Athletic Waldaz is, unsurprisingly, me :slightly_smiling_face:

Cool, brings us up to 13 players. On the one hand, unlucky for some, but that’s already a pretty decently sized league :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m in, “toldyouitwasouryear” is my team!

I think Naby could be an absolute steal at 5.5 million.

1 Like

I was trying to fit about 8 Liverpool players in my squad, kept saying I had too many :roll_eyes: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

14 now. Still couple of days to go, so hopefully we’ll have more joining in.

Toldyouitwasouryear - @Achtungbaby
Van Dyke’s Dicks - @MViper
Calm As You Like - @SpecialK210
Transfer Window King - ???
Athletic Waldaz FC - @Waldaz
Poetry in motion - @kotsebotse
Armchair Critics FC - ??
Gimpsters Wizard - @Walshy07
idonemybest - ??
A’Live & Kicking - @Minnimo
NabyLad -??
Awful colours - @jgw_geneseo
Bottlers United - @ZinedineBiscan

I usually end up in bottom 3. My ambition is to avoid relegation that’s it :grimacing:

I avoid Liverpool players as I end up jinxing them. Probably a reason I fck up in FPL but hey as long as we are winning the league :wink:. But yeah Naby at that price seems no brainer. He’s going to create and score a lot by looks of it this season. The good midfielders are plenty, and many like Auba, Rashford have got categorised as mids. Loads of new players to select as well - likes of Ziyech, Werner, Jamez and Havertz to ones that have changed teams - Ake, Wilson, Fraser etc. who were decent last season.

3 Likes

Joined…my team is Gimpsters Wizard.
guy at my work does a brilliant one where he gives you an amount and you have to bid for players and that way only One person can have that player - So only I could have De Bryne as I bid the most.
Takes him ages to sort out but once done it’s brilliant.
This one is so annoying when your captain gets hat Trick and loads of points…but 150,000 others have him as well.

1 Like

I do another draft-based league with a smaller group and it’s excellent - in addition to having unique teams, the site we use allocates points not only for goals, assists and clean sheets, but for every match contribution - so successful passes, tackles, headers etc. It means that it can be as valuable picking a midfield battler like Ndidi over a forward who scores a lot but does basically nothing else in games, like Aubameyang.

I’d suggest it here but a draft system is a bit of a logistical nightmare as to really get the most from it people have to be online at the same time. For a group of 10 of us it took over 2 hours the other night to complete!

3 Likes

Actually this very thing is in another pattern, the draft league on the same site. It actually requires somewhat like @ZinedineBiscan said, players simultaneously bidding but only one team can have one player.

1 Like

Hah! What does he know :unamused:

A’Live & Kicking - Me. :grinning:

1 Like

Never really understood this fantasy thing. :blush:

I’m armchair critics.

Gone for Trent and Williams with the aim if Trent doesn’t play Williams does and he’s only £4mil so cheap.

Went for Mane over Salah but swapped this several times already.

1 Like

Nice. 17 now.

Watchitathome XI ; @mattyhurst I believe?
The Popeular Vote - ??
RER - ??
Toldyouitwasouryear - Achtungbaby
Van Dyke’s Dicks - MViper
Calm As You Like - SpecialK210
Transfer Window King - KY_TNRed
Athletic Waldaz FC - Waldaz
Poetry in motion - kotsebotse
Armchair Critics FC - Draexnael
Gimpsters Wizard - Walshy07
idonemybest - ??
A’Live & Kicking - Minnimo
NabyLad - rupzzz
Awful colours - jgw_geneseo
Bottlers United - ZinedineBiscan

That’s @KY_TNRed as stated earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Yep, missed it (and not because of Everton I promise)

1 Like

Always end up forgetting to log in and change my team, so end up spending most of the season with a bunch of injured/suspended/sold players, but why change a tested formula? :rofl:

Jumpers4Goals is in and will be easily winning the Ugliest Kit competition