The Spursy Thread

Not top drawer signings obviously, but you can see how each one improves them. Aurier is shite and a walking red card, so Doherty a big improvement there, similarly Reguilon sounds like an upgrade on Davies, who is bang average.

Hojbjerg is a pretty decent player, and Mourinho is likely to get more out of him than the likes of Winks and Ndombele - obviously the latter seems potentially more talented, but he’s had injury and settling issues, while Mourinho seems to have nominated him as the player he needs to throw under the bus.

Bas Dost, I dunno, but I guess he’s mainly there to cover Kane so is a replacement for Llorente more than anything.

I think Bale will add some quality to the front line, more so than Moura. A front three of Kane, Son and Bale looks pretty good.

3 Likes

I personally won’t be happy if they lose Dele,that will definitely make them better losing a lazy fucker like him.

6 Likes

Mou must be a closet Red. As he ruined 2 clubs in manu and Chelsea for us. And currently ruining spurs. Hope his next target will be Manc.

5 Likes

His disgruntled visage showed he was a Red, Jose, Jose
I’ll fool you all and lie it said, Jose, Jose
He fucked up Chelsea and United first
Then went to Tottenham and made them worse
Jose Mourinho Liverpool’s closet fan

16 Likes

Just popped in to comment on Spurs, and the main thing I have to say is lovely use of the quoting system above two posts. I’m jealous.

If previous experience is anything to go by, I will learn how to quote posts just before we change the software or migrate again!

Oh, and Spurs are crap. Sacked Poch, went backwards. Lovely cheese room though.

1 Like
1 Like

By jove, I think I might have it!

Cheers.

2 Likes

Think Bale would be a very good signing for them.

Anyone who can help take points from City is welcome.

The water in majorica doesnt taste quite how it should

2 Likes

Bale might struggle in the EPL as he struggled playing in the crap Spanish league,could be the major addition for spurs that just falls on its arse.

1 Like

Call me old fashioned, but Spurs just arent, never were, that interesting, although I’d admit they can sometimes get caught up in competition. Perennial also rans.

2 Likes

So I read in the Guardian today a possible return of Bale would put Dele Alli’s position in jeopardy.
Well I don’t know - isn’t it more like Mou and and the current Spurs side are just not a good match?
Added insult might come from that it’s Levy apparently pushing for Bale , not Mou.

Oh I see stormy waters ahead. And another unhappy English midfielder looking for new pastures. ManU probably - since we’re stuffed with midfielders craving for playtime.

I got no faith in Bale still having the humility to put the work in - if the price is Alli leaving , Spurs are about to make a grave mistake imho.

2 Likes

Spurs fans I know gleefully point out that they finished above us for most of the last decade.

Bully for you, and you won absolutely nout in that time, goes the reply.

7 Likes

Given how Levy was stressing about finances in this last round of All or Nothing, I’m been mildly surprised with the moves they’re making in this window.

Oh, I remember that…
“The water in Majorca doesn’t taste like what it ought to.”

7 Likes

When he played for them before he was only fit to play against Liverpool he replaced Anderton as Sick note

I don’t know why we’re all knocking Spurs. They are sooooooooo big that they use Real Madrid as their feeder club.

7 Likes

They say that, they lost the CL final against us and now we’ve won the title, I wouldn’t bother showing off I’d hide.

2 Likes

Atleast Bale won’t be bothered with the fake trophy celebrations he had to do with Madrid.

1 Like

Concentrating on the league Jose?

Only team so far as you would judge favourite that could go out or have gone out.