The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

That’s the difference between a team trying to make a statement and a team who don’t need to make a statement. Under Klopp and Edwards , We buy players we need for our style to work and at prices we were comfortable with. That wasn’t trying to make a statement like what Barca,RM,Man Utd,Chelsea etc do.

1 Like

Also helps that they do get quite a bit of money by Player sales from their Loan army. People do seem to forget that.

12 Likes

It is the hope that kills them.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOxj_T9dh5A

9 Likes
8 Likes

Yes , Bringing the whinge from the redcafe now

6 Likes

Now Sancho’s “liked” the club’s confirmation Thiago’s joined us. Haha

5 Likes

I don’t think this bloke realises Thiago has to agree to the transfer too.

4 Likes

From Red Cafe… I need to post it :joy:

"Feck world class players and feck world class managers. We have James, plays for the shirt. Giggs recommended him you know. We have Lingard, loves the club and gets his siblings ready for school. Does Thiago get his siblings ready for school? Thought not.

We have Ole who once scored a goal for us. We don’t need no world class. We’re United"

16 Likes

There’s a warning of large scale floods in Manchester today as all the daft mancs are crying their little hearts out.

11 Likes

Maybe they are not letting Ollie get the players HE wants because when Ferguson finally retires properly and stops picking the team, tactics and formations for him…
Well I guess Ollie’s days as manager just ain’t going to last for much longer after that eh…

1 Like

Just remember everyone according to him Ole’s role is not coaching, it’s looking at players (scouting in other words).

Wow! Who knew there were so many sensible lads amongst that lot.

Yup, Thiago was interested in one place and one place only, once our interest was fully confirmed I expected we would do the deal.

4 Likes

What I find amusing is that after years of midfield issues, they finally identified Thiago as the man to come in and fix them back in 2013. Moyes fucked it up and so he went to Bayern instead, and there have been stories about Utd reviving their interest every year since. This year, after finally bringing in quality midfielders, they seemingly want to consummate that flirtation only for him to sign for us. It’s a case of 8 years of self-owning for Utd.

6 Likes

there warning of floods in Liverpool too,

cos we’re pissing ourselves laughing at them!

12 Likes

The funniest thing about this is that Moyes decided to bring in Fellaini instead of Thiago.

The second funniest thing is United letting Fellaini’s release clause expire only to sign him for 4 million more a couple of weeks later :grinning:

7 Likes

Another article stated that it was Giggs stopped the transfer.

3 Likes

Hahaha haha…one of their greatest ever players helping to transform United into Banter FC. It’s like us from the early 90s.

Long may it continue.

3 Likes