The Random Football Debate Thread

The worst type of cunts, for sure. What’s he said?!

Having another go at Klopp over a couple of things. Apparently Klopp only cares about LFC. Klopp doesn’t care that we can have a couple of thousand fans in the ground and they can’t. He doesn’t care about ‘England’ either.
Hope they go down.

3 Likes

What a twat. I really liked him last year but then perhaps he’s starting to feel the pressure given their form since January?

1 Like

Don’t know if I have missed us having a Scottish thread…

But Celtic just got knocked out of the League Cup at home in the round of 16.

Lennon to get the sack soon?

2 Likes

1st domestic cup defeat in something like 35 games for the Celts,

and ex Liverpool defender Connor Randall was playing for County, incase your interested!

3 Likes

Ambrosini? :joy:

1 Like

Woodgate thinks and speaks really well about the game.

I know he got the sack at Boro, doesn’t have to mean you’re made to be a manager or for the top level. He’s also just at the beginning.

Said he did some international scouting for Liverpool as he knows Edwards from their time together at Spurs, where they used to watch loads of players, including Coutinho.

Carra asked him if Liverpool were ever in for him and he said that we were under Rafa, when he was at Newcastle. Find that interesting as, if that’s true, it means it was in Rafa’s first summer here.

We went into the season basically with Hyypia, moving Carra centrally and having Djimi Traore basically as our 3rd CB (I know the likes of Biscan and Diao were still part of the roster), before Pellegrino came in January and Agger a year later.

Or maybe it happened later, when he had a successful return to Boro which earned him a move to Spurs. Maybe Rafa wanted him as a backup/rotation option.

Shame for his injuries, together with King.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

We were close to “No Socks” Bowyer under Houllier as well.

Strange to think we could’ve been lumbered with both of these cunts. Talk about dodged bullets.

You’d hope their careers at the top level would be killed off immediately if it happened today - at least we know our club wouldn’t even piss in their general direction - so maybe not absolutely everything in the modern game is shite.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The physical/biological data thing will be interesting because it continues to be an area where the sales pitches are way out ahead of what can reliable be determined by those data. You could see a case where the ones who have success with it are those who treat it with sufficient skepticism.

1 Like

Quincy Promes has reportedly been absent from training with Ajax because he’s being questioned by police over an incident in which he is alleged to have stabbed one his friends at a party he threw in July :neutral_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Good job they specified male or we’d have all been left wondering who else could have made it in!

4 Likes

I’m still getting used to the BBC not differentiating on their website (between the men’s and women’s game).

3 Likes

4 of the top 10 ain’t bad.

3 Likes

Soon to be five. :smirk:

2 Likes

Where’s Jordan Henderson? Surprised he isn’t ranked N°1 :astonished:

3 Likes

Are Messi and Ronaldo still relevant in 2020???

4 Likes

Better get used to it. It is the BBC after all, and that is its chosen trajectory. :thinking:

2 Likes