The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Maybe Edwards believe they can get him lower than that clause so it does not matter whether they make a move pre or post elapsed.

1 Like

Does he play the ball forwards most of the time? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m just happy no one has mentioned Tah (yet). Afaik.

8 Likes

Yeah that was the only reason I could think. That and we didn’t have the cash after paying for Konate fee all up front.

2 Likes

Just read about the Neuhaus rumour… Oh wow, he is really good.

Can see why Klopp would want him and from what I know he already rejected Bayern and is open to play abroad.

14 Likes

I wish! He’s very good at analysis.

One video I watched.

6 Likes

If we are reading a rumour, chances are we aren’t going to sign that player. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Don’t know, but I do wonder if our interest in this player (or similar) is what Gini was hinting at in his comments when he left.

2 Likes

Have a day off, mate.

13 Likes

I tried to “scout” him when they hosted Man City - well, safe to say my venture didn’t last long, their midfield couldn’t get close to the ball… He’s probably not the most physical of players but he does look pretty confident in possession, is my assumption anywhere near the truth?

3 Likes

Yeah, good point. However, when Christian Falk starts tweeting and it’s a Bundesliga player, I tend to pay attention. Seems like he has good intel on things involving Bayern one way or another, based on previous rumours. If there is or has been interest from Bayern in Neuhaus, I think there’s a good chance he knows which other clubs are interested as well.

6 Likes

I tell you what, a summer bringing in Konate, Daka and Neuhaus while offloading Origi, Shaq, Wilson, Grujic, Minamino and Keita would be exceptional.

I’ve been very impressed with the standard of player we’re being linked to so far this summer.

3 Likes

I don’t think we are in for Daka, but add in another attacker to that 3 and yes it will be an excellent summer.

3 Likes

"When asked by SPORT1, Neuhaus recently said about a potential new employer: “It will be very important how my gut feeling is. How much I have the feeling that the club really wants me.” Something that Liverpool coach Klopp will be happy to hear: “I’m a person who likes to dare. I could very well imagine going abroad.”

6 Likes

To be honest, ZB, bar the last January, the standards have been pretty high since CL defeat in Kiev, at least in my opinion.

3 Likes

Do you not agree he looks like the player nabby was meant to be and that move just hasn’t worked out for us or him?

Cheer up treacle.

1 Like

Facebook randomly pushed an article indicating we had completed the Daka signing and he was flying to Liverpool to complete his medical.

I was very disappointed to hop on here and discover that completely reliable official news hadn’t even gotten a mention in the unreliable thread…

3 Likes

I agree Naby hasn’t worked out, but I’m not sure whether Neuhaus is that player or not.

1 Like

Id never heard of him before today but seeing a few clips he looks decent.
Think he will give our midfield a new dimension if he signs

1 Like

I don’t think so either. I appreciate him as a player but I also don’t think Liverpool is his level nor is he the type of player we are pursuing, stylistically.

It’s the same reason I don’t think we are in for Vlahovic either.

2 Likes