The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Well you’ve got to hand it to Mbappe. Had an absolute stinker of a tournament to help Michael Edwards knock a few quid off the transfer fee.

17 Likes

Straight swap for Origi.

Sorted.

3 Likes

According to stats, our team conversion rate was comparable to the league average at 15.6%.

And our conversion of shots on target rate was 31.7% as a team.

Obviously Mo Salah’s personal rate from shots on target at 45% shows why he was the runner up to the Golden Boot and an elite player in the PL.

1 Like

It didn’t seem like it, we seemed to create a mass of chances and didn’t convert. This is the problem with stats they seem to count something different from what we observe. :rofl:

I can’t remember us getting shots on target. Look at the difference between goals scored last season and the season before, yet we had the same amount of shots!

2 Likes

The only thing that can make Mbappe feel better now?

A Klopp hug.

7 Likes

Never heard of this guy until the other day. Anybody seen him play regularly? What’s the verdict?

1 Like

I assume his agent is trying to get him a better deal. But the based on a healthy dose of cynicism along with the fact I’ve never heard of him before.

1 Like

Otavio sounds like an Xmen name, must be good

3 Likes

Was going to ask the same thing. I have never heard of Otavio before today. He may well be a talent, but I’ve literally never heard his name mentioned even in cursory conversation.

1 Like

I thought he sounded Shakespearean.
‘Otavio, Otavio.
Score four won’t thou though?’

14 Likes

Thought he played a role in I, Claudius.

2 Likes

Watching the YouTube footage (yes I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) he loves playing the ball forward.

2 Likes

Now that France are out, when do we expect the lean?

3 Likes

After another visit to their american NIKE friends. :partying_face:

Another 5ft midfielder? I’d probably pass on that.

2 Likes

Mbappe to be leaning on Charlie Adam’s 10 million dollar crosses?!

4 Likes

I’m hearing reports that Bayern is demanding 100m for Kingsley Coman now. There’s no way in hell any team will buy at that price. It’s obviously a ‘screw you’ message from Bayern to Coman’s agent who is looking to negotiate a higher wage for his client, but Bayern isn’t budging. Looks like they want to flex their power and lock down Coman’s ability to move this season. Coman looks not to be moving at all this offseason. Maybe next year or he’ll have to leave on a free and let his contract expire. I’m sure he regrets that 5 year extension he signed in 2019 right about now.

2 Likes

I only hope to one day regret signing a 5 year contract worth 130k£ a week.

13 Likes

I don’t think we’re in for Coman. For a start he’s massively injury prone, and it would be negligent to sign someone with his record.

Also, excellent point made on The Gutter, that everything about him suggests he’s a wide midfielder - a traditional winger - and we don’t play with one of those.

I think it’s the agent trying to get a new contract out of Bayern.

1 Like