The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Beeb gossip linking Camavinga to Man Utd for £25M?

We should be all over that, if it’s even remotely true.

2 Likes

Was it a Mbapple?

4 Likes

Griezmann apparently as well. I am absolutely stunned by their ignorance.

2 Likes

Never seen a version of Dembele that’s good enough to play for us anyway. His on the pitch production is mediocre and off the pitch he seems nothing but a young idiot.

4 Likes

I think you give him far to much grace by using the word ‘young’.
The only thing I admire Dembele for, is fluffing the one on one chance he had in the Champs league against us at the Nou Camp.

5 Likes

He was banging that same tweet in Jan, so personally would take anything he says with a massive pinch of salt

3 Likes

Enough talk of farmers league. This is a thread for transfer talk so let’s plough on with the gossip.
Let’s not get into silly arguments and harvest any bad feelings towards each other.

Underwhelmed by Sanches to be honest. Not heard of him pulling up trees since leaving the prem but then again I don’t watch any other leagues.

6 Likes

It would be breath of fresh air is Mbappe signed for us because he wants to and not money at an oil club or broke Spanish “giant”. Would restore my faith in humanity.

3 Likes

Yeah agree. He’s minted already so if he really wanted to join he needs to lower his wage demands. Real cant afford him at the moment and I see that Barca cannot register their 3 new players as they are already over the la liga threshold for wages…and that dont include “free agent” Messis new wage.

1 Like

On that Mbappe rumour… ESPN is just quoting the Daily Mirror, so I wouldn’t go getting his name on the back of your shirt just yet.

3 Likes

Other than a short time back it his parent club who had already demonstrated they viewed him as a bust, Lille is his next club. Sanchez isn’t just some kid who didn’t live up to the hype. He was a kid who was producing monster performances in Europe and Portugal, who then had a high profile move and saw it go terribly wrong. Sure, it went so badly wrong that it looked like he may never get it back, but he’s done well enough at Lille break back into a strong portugal side and this summer looked like one of their better players. I would not feel confident it is enough to justify jumping in for him, but his history makes him at least a little bit different than some obscure player all of a sudden having 2-3 good games in a summer tournament.

As for Diouff, it’s a myth we bought him because he had good a tournament. We were trying to get him to sign before the tournament started so we could relax, and ended up finalizing the deal the night of their opening game win against France.

5 Likes

When would you recommend? This afternoon? Do we have to wait till tomorrow? Damn your negativity!

1 Like

finally someone remembers the diouf stuff like i do.

i think he ripped it up in that first game and we already had him in the bag.

Salif Diou…im a bit fuzzier on that…he might have been the ‘fuck it why not?’ transfer spur of the moment thingo…

not that im suggestinmg anything…but i wonder if they had the same agent…hmmmmm…

2 Likes

I̶t̶’̶s̶ He’s coming home.

I remember Glenn Roeder going absolutely mental on MOTD after we beat them and Diou in I think his first game put in a really good performance (probably one of the few he had). Apparently he had been trying to sign him. I think he felt that they only failed to get Diou because the board didn’t agree to pay the £5m he would cost. I don’t know if that would have made a difference but fun to watch all the same - particularly when looking back at the rest of Diou’s career here.

1 Like

Diao or Diouf?

3 Likes

Thanks. Diao, I couldn’t remember how to spell his name.

1 Like

I, for one, will be thrilled if Sanches signs. He is a beast in the middle of the park. If he can stay fit- and perhaps that is a big “if” and a reason not to buy him- I think he will be a great Liverpool player. He has all the tools.

I quite liked the look of Diao when he first arrived. Bit of the Alex Song about him. Then went nowhere. Pity.

Never liked Diouf.

3 Likes

Diouf always struck me as one of the worst characters we have ever signed. I loathed him! Of course never met him that was how I felt.

I have never really not liked someone who plays for us before. I have not warmed to a few - David Speedie was one.

Anyone else dislike or not warm to our players?

1 Like