The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Diaz rumours resurfacing in Portugal from two different Portuguese papers, both saying 45 mil up front with 15 in add ons ( total of 60 mil euros which is approx. 50 mil total in pounds). A quick browse of reddit threads has the papers at differening levels of reliability Ojogo seen as one that used to be reliable for Porto but not so much now and record as very reliable for Porto.

Personally think horseshit because we’ve come through the AFCON now and haven’t offloaded Divock or Minamino (even turned down bids for him). Still, would be a nice little bonus for Klopp for doing better than usual in Jan to get another player in :wink:

Edit: Portuguese journos chipping in now, linked it in the twitter thread. Saying Diaz turned down second Spurs offer for us (who wouldn’t?). Maybe there’s some traction to this or perhaps they’re just pressuring spurs to pay more.

Edit 2: Colombian journos reporting it as well, again linked in the twitter thread.

4 Likes

agreed. its an open and shut case if you ask me.

if we really need to dig deeper (we dont) then we can start mentioning players ages and injury records.

does it get Joe to a world cup this year? not sure, as much as i love Klopps additude to players welfare, we are not there as a vehicle for Gomezs international aspirations first and club commitments second.

2 Likes

Interesting development. Guess we will know soon enough if there is substance in the Diaz story.

Diaz and Carvalho for Origi and Minamino would be a big upgrade, if that’s what we do. The sting in the tail might be losing someone we don’t want to lose.

1 Like

I’d let both go. Neither are getting any game time now or in the future. Neither can really step up. Even with Salah and Mane out, Taki hasnt started a PL game so theres no point labeling him a backup.

2 Likes

Seen a rumour Gomez to Newcastle for 60m

This the real Paul Joyce right? The man doesn’t deal in rumours so maybe just maybe there’s something to this

7 Likes

Just need Melissa and Jambo for the slam dunk.

1 Like

Sky sports reporting it now, we may make a move :thinking:. I believe it when I see it.

1 Like

I agree @rab, I believe there is something to this. Now Maddock and Jones are running with this in the last 10 minutes.

There’s also been a young Colombian man Pipe Sierra on Twitter, seemingly connected, thats been maintaining for days Diaz to Liverpool was/is a real possibility.

3 Likes

Damn! What a deal. Love to see this!

Get in LuisDiaz!

1 Like

A slight spanner I heard on TalkShite this morning, the deal with Spurs in doubt as he has a 2nd agent. Got Mendez and another agent back in South America according to the Early Breakfast guys (The 2 hosts that are on before Brazil and Palour).

No idea how accurate that is, but if so could be an issue for any deal we are trying to get through as well

there lies your first, middle and last mistake… don’t listen to fucking talkshite. It’s utter shite.

4 Likes

Regardless of Diaz signing, if both Minamino and Origi leave Liverpool in the coming days, that’s as big a vote of confidence in Gordon as possible at this point in his career. Neil Jones says there’s a strong interest in both - if a better player is signed, I hope both can leave for decent fees, especially as Origi is close to leaving on a free.

2 Likes

On beeb now

Try other stations at 5:30 and you’ll soon realise that the rest are even worse.

Plus TS have Ally McCoist in the mornings who is fucking hilarious

3 Likes

There’s a reason they call themselves TalkShite…

1 Like

I think the club would know about this after doing their due diligence, so am not too worried now that it looks like we have a bid going in. It was said early in the window he was part owned by another party back home.

From the way it was described it sounded more like the situation we had with Thomas Lemar? when we negatiated with what we thought was his agent, then had a 2nd start trying to dictate terms and Edwards just thought ‘fuck that - too much B/S going on here’ and walked away.

It could be a as you describe it, or it could be a case of us having lernt how to better handle these sort of cluster-fucks when they do pop up - will wait and see

1 Like

There’s one particularly interesting take from this article:

“Liverpool’s assistant sporting director Julian Ward has led the club’s negotiations alongside sporting director Michael Edwards. Ward was Liverpool’s European scouting manager in Spain and Portugal for three years between 2012 and 2015.”

I wonder if this means that we’re likely to see more players from those two countries come to Liverpool. I think that we never had less Spanish-speaking players at any point over the last twenty years than now.

2 Likes

Well… this aged well…

4 Likes