UEFA Europa League

I would say introducing this new competition has made these groups a little tastier.

West Ham seemed to have got lucky with that.

Though it means I might be in Croatia at the time they are. Luckily in Split.

assume Bayern…hoops?

GREEN AND WHITE

GIVE ME THE PANATELLA

Green and white is correct, but not hoops.

No Panatella for you- you get a counterfeit Silk Cut Light.

1 Like

Who said anything about hoops

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Oh man the real Silk Cut Lights are bad enough - that fibreglass does you dirty

1 Like

Amazing describes Union Berlin reaching Europe as Hertha continues to kick the can down the street. And how ironic, Union officially qualified playing at Olympiastadion. :see_no_evil:

I don’t care if it’s “Conference League”, it’s still a wonderful achievement and I’ll be excited for them. And the Forsterei will be a raucous caldron and a beautiful atmosphere on match nights. It’s exciting on a normal match so the support will be “extra” on those evenings.

They are in Group E: Feyenoord, Slavia Prague, Maccabi Haifa, Union.

@Iftikhar get hyped!

1 Like

Normally I would have said, easy win for Union against Feyenoord. But, and there is always a but isn’t there? :smiley: This season they have a new relatively young manager after that extremely conservative Advocaat who made AZ into a title contender 2 years ago. His name is Arne Slot, he added a few unknown players from nowhere, put in some youth players, and all of a sudden it clicks.

Do they win every match easily, no but some they do and they don’t lose much. I think this guy (Slot) is a proper manager and Union who plays in one of the toughest leagues in the world will have a fight on their hands against Feyenoord. I’m looking forward to that match.

2 Likes

Very happy to know I’ll be in Split when WHU play Zagreb.

1 Like

Enjoy. :wink:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it

Happy for West Ham. Comfortable win.

Daka scored. Really nice goal.

Looked close to being off but I think it will stand.

VAR was pretty quick about it though. Offside. Still 1-0 to Leicester.

Nice goal by Barnes. 2-0 to Leicester.

Napoli just pulled 1 back…going to be nervous time for LC now.

+++++++

Rangers at home 0-2 behind with an own goal.

Looks like Ryan Kent pulled a hamstring and is off for Rangers.

Shaq is coming on for Lyon.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the goldfish memory of mine, but this Napoli team doesn’t look anything like the annoying and resilient team of the past 2 years…or were their defense has always been this wide open?

Haa, this aged well. Napoli just pulled even.

1 Like

2nd yellow for Ndidi. Still have 2 minutes to go with injury time.

Leicester :see_no_evil:

absolutely shitting the bed here. being carved wide open. should be 2-0

1 Like

Spurts up 2-0 early.

Celtic vs Ferencbaros on Tuesday?. Celtic up 2-0, started doing the Poznan.

I found the kick off very odd, Leicester are away tomorrow in the afternoon but that’s in Moscow so kind of makes sense but this was at home and there playing as normal on Saturday.