Women's Football: General Discussions

And they missed some absolute sitters!

France 5-0 halftime?

England: hold my beer

1 Like

ron burgundy GIF

2 Likes

Yes I am really enjoying this womanā€™s football no rolling around no surrounding the ref excellent so far

2 Likes

Norway arenā€™t buried yet, theyā€™re just pining for the Fjords.

Hey our old boy JAR!! Oooft he is pissed off!!!

1 Like

How the hell did the Dutch let Wiegman go so easily I understand now how they won it the last time round England are a team transformed right now

1 Like
2 Likes

Massive statement from England last night, looking forward to seeing them against some of the better sides.

Norway clearly not keeping pace with the fast development in womenā€™s football.

I donā€™t pay any attention to the super league but watch most of the international tournaments, it is really striking to see the jumps in quality every two or so years.

3 Likes

England, at critical stages of buildup play, made brave choices:

• passing into teammate about to be put under pressure, trusting her to turn away from pressure or make the right one-touch pass

• putting the ball into space, trusting their teammates will get there first.

• passing sharply forward after feinting, when there is a safe pass backwards.

• turning away from double teams and passing forward.

Completely caught Norway by surprise time and again.

I was very impressed!

2 Likes

Iā€™m just waiting for Phil Neville to complain that he never got the sort of plaudits this performance is receiving.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed his Inter Miami play in the same way his England did. Heā€™s a rather crap coach.

1 Like

But heā€™s got a binder!

1 Like

I particularly enjoyed the first time passing! Very refreshing to see an international side of any gender willing to take risks going forward.

2 Likes

Alright, calm down Mitt.

He spends his time mansplaining everything.

pretty difficult to be a polished league, when 85% of the country is under snow for 4-5 months of the year.

Exactly!! I was always expecting the safe pass given thatā€™s what England men always do and I was pleasantly surprised a number of times! Great eye for passes throughout the midfield.

1 Like

I got Iceland vs. France on TV :star_struck:

England vs. Spain
Germany vs. Austria
Sweden vs. Belgium
France vs. Netherlands

2 Likes

Any prediction for this? I think Iā€™d go for England, Germany, Sweden and Netherlands as winners. At this point an England vs Germany final looks to be a distinct possibility. Theyā€™ve both been exceptional so far.