Post match: Villarreal v Liverpool (UCL 3/5/22 8pm)

Please note that votes cast before the thread is open will be deleted

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Naby KEITA
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Sadio MANE
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • Curtis JONES
  • James MILNER

0 voters

2 Likes

Unused subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi, Matip, Elliot

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ Luis DIAZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Diogo JOTA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 79’ Jordan HENDERSON :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Naby KEITA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 79’ Kostas TSIMIKAS :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Andrew ROBERTSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 79’ Curtis JONES :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Thiago ALCANTARA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 84’ James MILNER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: FABINHO

:soccer: 62’ FABINHO (Assist Mohamed SALAH)

:soccer: 67’ Luis DIAZ (Assist Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD)

:soccer: 75’ Sadio MANE (Assist Naby KEITA )

1 Like

18 Likes

How often is Diaz going to come on as a sub and win the MOTM?

6 Likes

We got punched in the face in the first half. We came back with the knockout punch in the second. Up the reds

5 Likes

Told it Play Diaz! :joy:

1 Like

First of all - apologies I missed the first half and feel responsible for the performance and scoreline.

Secondly - I watched the second half and feel responsible for the performance and scoreline, so you’re welcome.

What a player Diaz is!

12 Likes

I See You Xoxo GIF

2 Likes

Another final. Amazing.

A tale of two halves.

In the first, yes there were individual mistakes, but I think Klopp himself will say that he messed up with how he set out our approach play. Fab and Thiago hardly passed to each other. Rather, were under instructions to look direct at every opportunity.

In the second, we went back to how we usually play – pass the ball about. Yes, Diaz was excellent and caused problems down the left. But for me, the second half, we actually passed it around.

Fletcher and McManaman on BT were moaning at the start of the second with “negative passing” claiming we are going backwards, but it was plain to see right away that we were creating triangles to move the move forward, rather than always looking direct.

I think Klopp will admit himself that he was to blame in the first half. But he turned it around, and at the end could see him explaining his decision to Jota.

4 Likes

Third CL final in 5 years. Trust Klopp. The End.

13 Likes

I think we deliberately lulled them into a false sense and then turned the screw in the second just to get their fans excited.

2 Likes

We never do it the easy way, do we?! Fucking get in!!!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Luis Diaz.

That is all.

Oh & Rulli.

3 Likes

MOTM → their goalie

11 Likes

Like Trent said there, “we can’t always control the game the way we want to”. Something that forum posters need to get their heads around

14 Likes

Missed the first half. Dunno what the fuss was about watching that second. It’s football, isn’t it, and this is what the great teams with character and soul does. Sometimes a team is going to get at you and it’s how you overcome that defines you. Many teams would have capitulated completely and we rallied and walked it by the end. This just makes me more proud of our lads; in the face of adversity away from home with a baying crowd, a team right in their faces and they got their head down and played with heart, skill and determination. Utterly brilliant.

I have to say, the game thread is a grim place. Had to make a rare appearance in there while the game is on and ooof. Utterly depressing.

But anyway, fuck that shit. We’re in the final. Again! Get the fuck in!

16 Likes

Wrong.

The best team in the world can do whatever the fucking well they want.

We obviously wanted to give Villarreal a chance that 1st half…

2 Likes