AFCON and Football in Africa

Burkina Faso vs. Senegal
Cameroon vs. Egypt

I have a feeling Cameroon will try an Atletico against Salah :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Excellent. Glad to see the back of your :poop:

1 Like

Love this

1 Like

Is it just me or does Sadio look like he pissed himself here?

Really haven’t been impressed with Senegal this AFCON & wouldn’t surprise me to see then knocked out here.

Defensively been solid but their build up is so naff and Alou Cisse always opts for 3 DM’s

Jesus christ, Senegal awarded a pen after the Burkina keeper comes out recklessly and smashes into Kouyate.

& the keepers come out worst for wear.

Gone to VAR, could be overturned.

Right decision to overturn. Not a penalty.

1 Like

It was a clumsy decision, he got fortunate.

Seems like it’s a risk as a keeper (out cold) against Senegal. Last match was Sadio vs Cape Verde.

Now Senegal awarded another pen after a shot was blocked by the arm as judged by the ref.

This could be overturned too.

Was good play by Mane on that left side.

Bit of a farce this, gone to VAR again.

& the ref changed his mind again.

I mean fair enough for overturning them but why give them in first place unless you’re certain?

2 Likes

Why not? If he didn’t get a perfect view on it, but thought that it was a penalty, he ought to give it. It’s better that they have the safety of having the VAR there to help them get the decision right.

At least the referee has the humility to change his decision.

2 Likes

if he gives the pen there is a possibility that VAR will overturn it. if he does not give the pen and the game plays without interruption for a couple of minutes, he won’t be able to come back to the pen

that’s how I would do

3 Likes

Because we’re gonna come to the point where VAR refs the game and it shouldn’t be that way, it was never a pen even without a clear view…it was pelted at him from 5 yards away & clearly went by the reaction of the players…if he doesn’t see it what’s he giving it for in the first place?

Why? VAR might have the better view, but there’s always going to be a need for the on-field ref.

Good question to ask English referees.

Senegal are bad, real bad.

First one I have watched and it is pretty dire stuff…it looks like one of those early games in the FA Cup before the third round.

& in 5 mins Senegal kill the game.

Their 2nd is all from the good work of SADIOOOOOO Mane.

2-1

There is a guy playing in the game called Dayo… wonder if his mum named him after the song…
:notes: DAY-OOO… DAY-OOOOO… DAYLIGHT come and he want to go home… :notes:

Easy song for the crowd eh :0))

Will get me coat…