Alisson BECKER: 2024/25

https://x.com/SamueILFC/status/1842143148522279262

3 Likes

Stuff like this always makes me chuckle. I always responded to it with a roll of my eyes like I was otherwise planning on sleepwalking through the start of the game.

I think like you, but thereā€™s clearly different types of people out there.

3 Likes

Double ditto.

Its a message for those that need it. Also, its standard setting.

Never said anything about him being injury prone but strange to see him getting injured because of that shot with his weak foot.

Maybe something wrong with his prematch warmup / stretching?

Heā€™ll miss some massive games with Chelsea and Arsenal I guess.

Would have been worse if it wasnā€™t for the international break.

1 Like

Not sure it is anything to do with his pre-match warm up. The injury happened in the 78th minute.

Had it been in the first 5-10 minutes, then I would agree, but being in the final 12 minutes, it would have to be something else.

2 Likes

I think he played it with his left because is right hammy and already gone

2 Likes

This is maybe his 5th or 6th injury for us coming from simply kicking the ball, the sort of injury most keepers dont get even once in their entire career. He is a wonderful keeper, but this is a problem, and is why we turned down good money to keep our second choice keeper and made a priority of a new keeper who wont arrive for another year (at least).

2 Likes

According to Transfermarkt, he has missed 50 matches since he signed for Liverpool. That number would have been significantly greater had it not been for Covid-enforced pause.

I love him to bits, I think heā€™s the best goalie in the world and has been that for a while but I can see why the club have already invested a significant amount of money in his likely replacement.

2 Likes

Yeah, if not for the covid break Adrian would have ended the season with nearly 30 appearances in our title winning season

1 Like

I agree with Nikola, he is the best in the world but also itā€™s not surprising we decided to buy an up and coming lad to replace him.

1 Like

Crazy thing is it wouldnā€™t have mattered if we had put Klopp in goal as we won it effectively with the Bournemouth result and Ole beating City.

1 Like

or the tea ladyā€™s son.

Iā€™ve heard he is good

1 Like

https://x.com/LewisSteele_/status/1842570502415732868

1 Like

As bad as it looks itā€™s a bit more positive than being in a massive boot.

Without covid he would have missed last 20 games of that season in all comps 16 league games.

2 Likes

Massive for us again today as he so often has for the last 7 years and a big reason why we walked away with 3 points and still top of the table.

Best keeper in the world? Itā€™s not even a fucking question.

2 Likes

Nobody argues against that but it doesnā€™t alter the fact he misses too many games. Hes not the greatest keeper sat in the stands.

1 Like

True, then again neither were Robbo, Trent or Ibou the best CBā€™s/fullbacks when they spent 40-50 games sat in the stands eitherā€¦not a peep then but because Ali is a keeper means itā€™s unfathomable how he could pick up injuries?

We donā€™t even know how long heā€™ll be out for and already you have fans out in full force, give it a rest.

Heā€™s missed 35 games to injuries in 306 games over 6 seasons. 89% of games heā€™s been available for. One lengthy injury which ruled him last season and the other came during covid season. Thatā€™s really it but yes letā€™s carry on overstating it because heā€™s a keeper, cracking idea.

1 Like