Manchester City* - cheating cunts

I dont know when the quote was made, but there one from Milner talking about how the league win at Liverpool meant more to him than his titles at City. Even accounting for the (covid enforced) lack of crowd when Hendo lifted the championship trophy he said the atmosphere and feeling was better then than his other wins.

My dad posted it on facebook seemingly not understanding that it was a dig at City

3 Likes

This is another face of sports washing. This is a totally unnecessary redevelopment. So, why are they doing it? To oil some influential people with hundreds of millions. And it won’t break any rules.

2 Likes

Equivalent of a penis extension.

It is as though they getting it prepared to host some sort of prestigious final at some future point…
The CL maybe, or something else :person_shrugging:

Yeh, an event that would actually fill the stadium.

“The Saudi Pro League’s financial clout has “changed the market” for transfers and elite clubs “need to be aware of what is happening”, says Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.”

it certainly has changed the market Pep,
and it not the first time has the market been changed by people from the middle east is it Pep?

4 Likes

Lebron James Lol GIF by Uninterrupted

1 Like

Oh fuck off pep

3 Likes

Any journo with half a brain that wasn’t upside down or had a pair of balls would’ve responded to him with this very sentence. Another epitome I guess with how far out of touch these clowns are with the game that they can’t connect the dots.

And how far journalists are up Pep’s arse.

3 Likes

City’s lack of activity is interesting, as is the fact that Cancelo is back and getting significant pre-season time as is Walker. I wonder if this could be a season where Lewis, McAtee and Palmer could get their shot?

1 Like

This and the thing that they’re facing the heat w.r.t FFP and now have to show that they’re good enough to win without cheating. Doesn’t matter if they are still getting the benefits of being cheats before.

1 Like

They do this on occasions to give the pretence they haven’t bought the league.

5 Likes

I don’t know if he has a knock, but it was maybe a relevant counter point to see that Cole Palmer stayed on the bench for the entire game against Atletico yesterday.

1 Like

Its a cold day in hell when Guardiola actually plans to use any of his youth graduates in any kind of meaningful capacity.

They’ll be there to fill out the squad and maybe get a few minutes at the end of comfortable wins.

3 Likes

Why should these cheats stop spending? I mean it can’t get any worse for them can it? The genie is already out of the bottle isn’t it? In theory that is. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I dont know. They periodically do this. I remember Mancini being really frustrated over their lack of strengthening the summer after their first title, including failing to meet Arsenal’s price for RVP and allowing him to go to Utd instead.

By the end of that season Mancini was out of a job, RVP had fired Utd to a title, and none of the underwhelming signings city had made in that summer had done anything meaningful. The following year they went back to spending in support of the new manager and regained their title (the fuckers).

1 Like

Yeah they will sometimes hold off though it’s likely they will be signing that CB.

Wondering now if the Saudi league being a potential threat to the premier League will skew / make them adjust their thinking in the 100+ charges?

Open the door to spending at will, or try to improve the product by making it more competitive?

1 Like

I doubt they care if it’s competitive

1 Like