I got 115 problems but cheating ain't one - it’s the Man City thread

Fair point.

I was more referring to the difference between second and thirteenth, but you’re right…this season’s form hasn’t emerged from a vacuum.

2 Likes

Rebuilding a team around a 34 year old would be peak City.

6 Likes

Maybe Baldy has convinced his board that he needs extra money to build a team more suited to winning the CL than attempt to keep competing with Jurgens Mentality Monsters… He may have signed this two year extension in order to treat it like an international manager role… viz; pluck the best players he wants to play a certain type of system, but in his case, throw as much money as it takes to get them to sign… He may even go for Messi… knowing Messi wont have to face the weekly rigours of the Premiership. Instead, parade him in the CL fixtures like the show-pony he is.

2 Likes

If Messi thinks he can turn up to the premier league, and twinkle toes his way through defences and have free kicks whenever he feels like it, while having a little rest if it’s not going his way, he is in for a rude awakening.

7 Likes

Or he can sign for Manchester United.

3 Likes

To tell the truth I would like it if he comes. Why?

• Settle the debate once and for all about how he would cope in the Premier League and whether he is ‘that good’ that he could score 50+ goals a season when teams want to kick chunks out of him and him not having an entire club built around him like Barca currently is

• No doubt he would improve City but at the same time its 50-50 whether he would improve City massively, simply because he is a selfish player and it would undo some of Pep’s work of getting a group of prima donnas to work hard as a team. Not that I think Pep has been hugely successful in that respect but I think Messi would take their teamwork backwards and the whole setup would rely on his and some of his teammates individual brilliance. It will only make their amazing games more amazing and their poor games more catastrophic. That’s one car crash I really want to see. Blue Loon in particular would be hugely entertaining with one week thinking they will win 7 consecutive CL’s with their team, then the next week demanding Pep’s head and a rebuild. My mouth is watering at the prospect.

2 Likes

I think he’ll be a disaster unless City can dream up some new way of creating cash. Messi will demand stupid wages etc. and a hefty transfer fee. That basically uses up City’s available resources at a time when they need more than one player.

I’m sure he’d thrilled at the prospect of working under the football genius that is OGS.

3 Likes

Think about it: he’d get penalties for nothing; he can stroll about as much as he likes without fear of reprisal; he would run the place, because Solskjaer and the rest would all be in thrall to him. As an added bonus, he’d cripple the club financially.

He should be going to the red half of Manchester, in my opinion.

7 Likes

Him on one wing… Get Ronaldo on the other… :wink:
Let the pair of them do a real job of imploding the Old Toilet…

3 Likes

It’s going be at most 2k, which though better than 300 allowed at the moment isn’t much, it’s not going be the photos on the right anyhow.

2 Likes

And 2k too much IMO. Surely LFC wont have crowds given Liverpool has been the recent COVID epicentre?

1 Like

I look forward to City announcing Messi, who has agreed to play for 100k per week, honest.

7 Likes

Did you miss the point of the post?

2 Likes

21 points by the end of February is my guess. Yes you heard it here first folks!

7 Likes

No I’m just making the overall point and Chelsea fans are just as plastic.

2 Likes

Chelsea fans may be plastic, but they still fill Stamford bridge and get behind their team…

1 Like

How many fat racist cunts can the chavs fit in their stadium,distancing will be difficult.

6 Likes

Are you sure? You know how many songs they have?

2 Likes

… only when it suits them

2 Likes