Arend Martijn "Arne" Slot-- New Coach

I wonder if the club is being sold?

2 Likes

I doubt he would leave and anyone who wants us would want him.

Talksport saying that Alonsos club wont stand in his way if LFC approach him. Get him on the big dipper in Blackpool Jurgen!

1 Like

Yeah Jurgen leaves us with the PL this season, Xabi comes in and repeats the process (perhaps with a CL thrown in) over the next 3-5 years and then we can go again from a strong position at the top of the football tree. No reason this has to be Kenny mark I or mark Ii

2 Likes

Plus his son will probably throw a fit if he tries to leave :joy:

Don’t want to think about any other than Xabi at this moment.

He’s going to have the easier chance to fill the books given he’s a Liverpool legend in his own right.

1 Like

The club would have known if Ljinders was ready enough for this huge job.

There will be a press conference held by Klopp at 3pm

DeZerbi i feel would be a good fit. Plays lovely football and has Brighton doing well

1 Like

A Robbie Fowler / Steven Gerrard joint management team.

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

Hope he calls James Pearce a fat Cnut and walks out.

1 Like

Nope. De Zerbi can do well but I doubt he’s got the stature in the game for a club like us. We need a guy who gets Liverpool and that’s Xabi.

6 Likes

Has to be one of our own I feel.

I know the fans will give the manager time but I do feel I could look at Alonso and go yeah ok you can do this, someone outside of us I’d struggle.

3 Likes

Alonso will have a far more easier bedding in period than any other manager.

Plus , if he wins the title at Leverkusen , he’s going to come in with the confidence that he deserves the job.

8 Likes

I cannot even contemplate to think of another man taking Ĵürgen’s seat right now!!

9 Likes

Pretty sure Klopp just asked Sven to come in and manage?

Xabi, 100%. Unlike United, our wheels will have been in motion the day Klopp dropped the bomb shell.

2 Likes

Alonso is doing his pre-match press conference shortly. Suspect a lot of the questioning will be about the Liverpool job - and I expect him to bat those questions away with ease - focus is on Leverkusen, I am contracted to this club, I want to win the Bundesliga,

Xabi Alonso - who played for Liverpool between 2004 and 2009 - has previously said (in 2018) returning to Merseyside as manager is something he has dreamt of.

"Yes for sure, I have dreamt of that, but first I have to prove myself and prepare.

"If I decide somewhere along the way to take my chances as a manager, my link, my commitment, my passion with Liverpool is there.

“Why not? We will see if we can cross paths in our ways.”

8 Likes

Alonso has just done the presser.

Surprised that Klopp is leaving, has huge respect and admiration for what he has achieved at the club.

Happy at Leverkusen, enjoying his work, the challenge is intense and he’s doing his best to prep players for each game.

What happens next - he doesn’t know.

He’s not in the moment to think about the next step, focus on Leverkusen, which is the right place for him.

He doesn’t care for external chat right now.

9 Likes

All I would hope from a person who might come here.

If he said anything more I’d be disappointed same if he had completely ruled it out.

3 Likes

shame if true - wonder why specifically announced now then…