Arne Slot - Head Coach

For those wondering why there is a new thread, the other thread was started when Jürgen announced his retirement and is mainly about Xabi, Amorim and others.

I believe that our new boss deserves his own dedicated thread.

As Jürgen himself said:

“You welcome the new manager like you welcomed me. You go all-in from the first day.”

Good luck, Arne. I’m sure you’ll do us proud.

23 Likes

Arne Slot, we believe in you. Now, make us dream.

4 Likes

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/new-liverpool-fc-manager-arne-slot-explains-style-of-play-in-his-own-words/?

2 Likes

As i said in the other thread

I think we will do brilliantly under Arne, i’m excited to see him continue Jurgen’s legacy.

Still true :rofl:

4 Likes

From the official site:

4 Likes

Welcome Arne,

No pressure. Just win.

7 Likes

Him hitting the ground running and us being top at Christmas and still in everything would be jolly, jolly nice :slight_smile:

If not, sack him!!!

5 Likes

Ok, I already posted it in the other thread…

The time has come, Arne Slot starts his new job as head coach today. It feels strangely wistful but also a little exciting about what we can expect now. I’m trying to see it as a new opportunity for everyone to develop and improve. But of course there is also a lot of skepticism and uncertainty.

Maybe he will surprise us in a positive way or we will go back from believers to doubters.

I will certainly need some time until it feels “normal” for me again.

Welcome to our family Mr Slot YNWA

5 Likes

I’m quietly confident that this was the right appointment. Young for a top club manager and will have the energy required. Hopefully he can command the dressing room and the press leaches like the great Klopp.

Pleased we didn’t go for a big name dinasour or a merry go rounder like Tuchel.

I’m already over the headlines about Slot wanting this player and that player. Insert the words Slot, source, star and you have your fake news story.

Good times ahead.

7 Likes

Welcome to LFC Arne. All the best for your time with us, hopefully a time of success with a lot of trophies at the end of it! :+1:

3 Likes

Ok, I’m going to have to adapt again aren’t I?

Again?

2 Likes

So, when will it be officially announced?

1 Like

Is there going to be a press conference for the official unveiling?

2 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1796821496343527621

After that announcement LFC TV started to show the full game of our CL Final vs Spurs.

Well… No pressure Arne

3 Likes

Arne is going to eclipse Jurgen.

2 Likes

“Details of his official unveiling as the club’s head coach will be confirmed via Liverpoolfc.com in due course.”

4 Likes

To be fair the multimedia team have been very busy this past couple weeks with all the Klopp content. Let them have a couple weeks off before the pre-season and transfer content starts to ramp up.

There’s also the possibility that Arne doesn’t want a song and dance made about his arrival.

Maybe he just wants to keep things quiet and get on with his work; after all, empty vessels make the most noise.

Arne Slotwarzenegger
Go Terminate 'em all!! :grinning:

Seriously, he’s the best looking of all the PL baldies, past and present.
Got a likeble face, a fresh change from the many slappable ones.

8 Likes