Arne Slot - Head Coach

Well, obviously it involves a flight, but it’s about an hours’ extra actual travelling time. Point is, I don’t think there is any significant change to the Slots’ domestic arrangements as stands.

Costs nothing to offer a small acknowledgement to the travelling army, many had to set off in the early hours just to get there… they will be needed on many occasions, over the coming seasons to get us over the line in some games.
Slot said himself in a post match interview, it was a long journey from Ipswich - First game of the season for all yesterday, maybe the moment was lost on him, and it is unlikely to happen again.
As the manager of LFC, I’m hoping I can respect him both as a good manager, and, as a decent human being… still early days to decide upon either just yet

4 Likes

Or does he think…I’m only the head coach…the accolades of a win should go to the players…I’ll just disappear quick…the fans haven’t travelled to see me…

1 Like

I think this acknowledgement on the field is overly dissected to death. As mentioned, he acknowledged the long journey the fans made in the post match conference. Are we saying that acknowledgement in the conference is lesser than the ones on the field? Are we concluding something about Slot just because he might not be the kind that Klopp was and acknowledging fans in another way is his style? And if any fan thinks that just because Slot doesn’t do it on the field and this his or her tendency to support us reduced, then maybe they should rethink why they support Liverpool.

10 Likes

“We need to move on from Klopp, Slot should be his own man”

“Why isn’t he doing things the way Klopp did? :smiling_face_with_tear:

11 Likes

Watch the Chloe Bloxam video. Slot walks over towards the away supporters, then stops and looks to the players. A few walk towards the supporters clapping, but most are mulling about near the center circle.

He ain’t Klopp, and won’t try to be. I think walking across the pitch towards the supporters is acknowledgement enough.

7 Likes

Hilarious that some grown men need to feel ‘acknowledged’ by a football manager.

Support for Slot will be directly correlated to success on the pitch. We loved Jurgen because his team played great football and won stuff, not because he did fist pumps

9 Likes

Yep I’m already a massive fan of the way he speaks. He speaks so openly and honestly about everything.

I for one will be watching every post match conference he has.

8 Likes

I don’t remember it very well, but I think he said at the very beginning that he was now living in our team hotel. At the time I thought that might only be temporary, but now that sounds a bit Mourinho-esque tbf

2 Likes

So far he seems a great appointment from this perspective. Confident and secure in himself like Jurgen, but totally different character. Doesn’t seem like he will be as warm and funny as Klopp. Very serious, succinct in answers and probably more direct and aloof with players. More a boss than a father figure.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, and it’s maybe exactly the change that was needed.

6 Likes

He’s living in an apartment near the ground

1 Like

It’s obvious that he’s different in many ways to Klopp and nobody that I’m aware of is saying that he should be anything but his own man. He’s clearly got the strength of character to do the job and he isn’t afraid of making difficult or unpopular decisions.

However, we all know that there are certain things about this club that make it special. There is a Liverpool way of doing things and one of those things is the bond between the manager and the fans. Of course it’s based on two extremely charismatic figures, Shankly and Klopp and the almost deification of Dalglish, but also Paisley, Rafa, and, to an extent Houllier had, in their own ways, a bond with the fans. It’s important at this club. Arne may well find his own way to connect and our fans have a way of finding something to latch on to with players and coaches, but it’s not something to be dismissed.
I think the Kop will grow to appreciate his direct, no nonsense approach and if he gets us playing beautiful football he’ll be loved.

5 Likes

Jesus wept. Numerous posts discussing the manager didn’t come over and clap the fans.

Jesus wept, a knee jerk reaction to a considered post.

2 Likes

source?

When he was appointed, wasn’t it said that he will take over Klopp’s house in Formby which the club owned?

1 Like

yep. it´s been everyone´s guess tbf, but so far it did not happen
(maybe it is just being renovated and it takes time)

1 Like
2 Likes

https://x.com/dlmjnk/status/1824720047287181340?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

8 Likes

thank you!

1 Like