Arne Slot - Head Coach

If his team wins the first 20 games and are top of the league in January his team will definitely be called “THE SLOT MACHINE”

4 Likes

There’s a job waiting for you on the British tabloids.

3 Likes

Well I’m looking forward to the new era and I’m sure that everyone will get behind Arne and the team.

So, on behalf of all Liverpool fans, we welcome Arne. Also, “Your not my real dad!”

5 Likes

I couldn’t resist it anyway we live in hope that 2025 will be a new era for the team

2 Likes

Fuck. That better be some AI bullshit

Looked again. No shit, idiot!

1 Like

Reminds of a @cynicaloldgit post.

Nah; mine make even less sense than that.

1 Like

https://x.com/AnfieldRd96/status/1797923008574832721

:joy:

I tend to think he is still on holiday, or ill… or the whole thing was just a smokescreen

1 Like

I really thought I saw him on the bus this morning. Or, it could just have been a plump bald guy with a sleeve-less jacket… :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I actually expected and still do expect an opening, basic interview to be published soon. Don’t think the club will leave us with “nothing” until Slot comes in the first days of July to start pre-season. We had a good few days for everything Klopp-related, now maybe a few more days of peace and then we can start with Slot material.

1 Like

Don’t really see why anyone is worried about there not being any kind of club interview yet.

Dust has barely settled on Klopp’s departure and I suspect a lot of the footy journalists will either be on holiday or focussing on Euros starting in two weeks time.

The bloke probably still hasn’t even moved into his new office yet, let alone had chance to talk to many players or staff around the place. So what’s he going to say in an interview bar a few general platitudes about the club, city and fans and how excited he is for the job.

Personally I’m quite happy for him to crack on with plotting next season’s quad assault and to hear from him once he’s got that boxed off or when we announce Bellingham has signed citing the need for a new challenge having completed Spanish football already.

3 Likes

Because TAN is full of bedwetters.

4 Likes

I can’t say that I’m worried, I expect the club is just trying to give a little more breathing space between Klopp and Slot, however it does feel a little strange that he’s been in post for several days now, and we haven’t even had a short piece on the OS saying something along the lines of ‘it’s great to be here, looking forward to meeting all the players and getting stuck into preparing for next season’…

2 Likes

Oh no…

8 Likes

When the coach is missing
And you wish you’d seen him
That’s Amorim

2 Likes

Agreed, I said the same after the Wolves game that it’ll likely be a little while until we get much on Slot. The club won’t want to look like they’re moving on too quickly, I’m sure there are some optics at play, but equally they want the interviews etc to gain maximum attention (all about the clicks!) when they are released and not be met with antipathy by a fanbase still celebrating the former manager.

2 Likes

Will that make Jota “Slot’s Slotter” or “The Slot Machine Slotter”?

2 Likes

Neither, if you value your life.

7 Likes

I saw a headline once reporting on the wrong national anthem getting played at a table tennis tournament… :0)

Hong Kong ping pong ding dong sings wrong song.

My favourite actual headline I ever saw in real life (if memory serves it was the London Metro), reporting on an agricultural accident:

Llama harms a farmer drama

3 Likes