Arne Slot - Head Coach

Hope the Klopp comparisons don’t go on for another 10+ years like the SAF noise.

It was inevitable after the first loss but I’m over it already.

7 Likes

Arne Slot reflects on Liverpool’s 1-0 loss to Nottingham Forest, which marks his first loss with the team since becoming head coach.

“If you drop home points in a game against Nottingham Forest then something is wrong”

Said this right after his appointment. Hope he is not like all the other coaches / managers from the Netherlands.
‘Dutch directness’ is a thing and it never ended well for most of them.

3 Likes

Who here doesn’t agree with what Arne said?

8 Likes

Yup I’m seeing nothing wrong there.

5 Likes

Not sure why he had to mention Nottingham Forest in his statement, a tad disrespectful in all honesty.
He could have said the same thing, albeit - “If we drop home points in any game at Anfield, then something is wrong”

1 Like

PR speak :roll_eyes:

He also made similar comments after Ipswich and Brentford, essentially saying for where these teams are likely to finish these are games we are expected to win so lets not get carried away.

Im sure some people will view it as a foreigner under estimating the level of competitiveness of the premier league, but I see it as just having a clear and reasonable expectation and holding his players to that standard. I mean it’s not like he sent out a weakened side because he underestimated them.

10 Likes

Liverpool fans won’t have a problem with it, but everyone else is going to think that he is obnoxious and disrespectful. The press will pick him up on it too.

He’d be better off if he refrained from this sort of remarks altogether.

2 Likes

I understand your point but it’s not as if we haven’t had a manager that “up front” in the past.

“I’d close the curtains” for example (shortened quote).

For me it works if the team delivers. They didn’t at the weekend. They need to lok at themselves and Slot needs to understand why and prevent it from happening again. Its not the first time we have turned up and not been interested

Some can do no right where others can do no wrong.

https://x.com/LFC/status/1835951828560724282

3 Likes

Here’s hoping the players deliver him the perfect birthday present tonight.

We shouldn’t be losing to the likes of Forest. It’s not disrespectful if they really are a shithouse side with a shithouse punchable coach.

3 Likes

Bit of sour grapes there. We’ve played far worse shithouse sides. I thought Forest defended well and had a clear game plan to bring on the quick lads after frustrating us for an hour. They then scored a brilliant goal.

We didn’t respond to this and the pre-planned three subs were ill-advised when we were chasing the game.

Games like this happen and Slot and his team will have learned valuable lessons

2 Likes

We still shouldn’t be losing to them at home. That message sinks in the sooner the better.

1 Like

You do know this club would never just replace a player no matter how bad they perform or even if they are injury prone.

Always easier to reflect when…

6 Likes

Be his first match under floodlights for us tonight.

1 Like

1 Like

He likes his 9am Press conferences…

1 Like