6 Likes

https://x.com/pythaginboots/status/1840634707890802994

interesting read

3 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1840693181727281444

2 Likes

https://x.com/footballontnt/status/1841179231172124720

9 Likes

Was maybe giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking he can’t possibly be asking such a stupid question

2 Likes

What a contrast between the two shinny pates.
Slot’s top is an almost perfect semi sphere whilst Eth seem to sport a truncated Xenomorph’s. So misshapen! Uglier than the Alien!!

2 Likes

Music to my ears:

7 Likes
1 Like

Really growing to like Arne. Interesting that the players now stay at home the night before games. I hadn’t realised that it was a fixed thing to be in a hotel the night before a match, but I think I noticed that we travelled to Milan the day of the game a couple of weeks ago.

I think the way he speaks in his press conferences is really good. He keeps to the point, always widens the discussion to other players in the team. Little examples from last nights post match presser include him mentioning Dom’s involvement in both goals, at a time that there have been discussions around his form, and on Darwin not being involved much in the game/in form, he focussed on the fact this was his first start this season, and that the final pass was off most of the evening, limiting chances for Darwin (and the rest) to score.

I also really liked his response to the question about winning 8 out of 9 games, the first for a LFC manager, whereby he said his aim is to be remembered for more/special moments at the club.

15 Likes

He seems to have settled a bit into the role.

We will see how he does but so far he couldn’t do much more.

5 Likes

He’s got a charm , if that’s the right word , about him. Interacts with the media really well. Is soft spoken.

This isn’t a diss on Klopp but he seems to be someone who’s less likely to pick a fight with the referees, PGMOL. Whether that helps us or hinders us in the longer run remains to be seen.

5 Likes

Also especially like how the United fanbase are getting uptight over how he’s adjusted to playing in this league and the club.

Especially given they’ve allowed ETH to spend so much and had their side regress

3 Likes

Also like that Arne’s appreciative of what Klopp has done before. In terms of the culture of discipline etc.

He barely had to do any changes and that speaks a lot about how Jurgen ran his ship.

7 Likes

I’ve been reading a book called The Ajax Way and it’s a fascinating read.

Apparently it took Rinus Michels four years before Ajax achieved tangible European success with a totally new way of playing football, even though they handed us our arses in the European Cup in 1966 on the way. This at a time when the Eredevisie was becoming a really strong league.

Likewise Van Gaal took three years to start dominating at home and in Europe.

They both struggled initially, coming close to the sack in the process.

My point is that success rarely happens overnight, unless you financially cheat obviously. Arne Slot has won 7 out of 8 games (or is it 8 out of 9? :thinking:) whilst imposing his own playing style on the squad, so he’s been doing excellently so far and is way ahead of the curve imo.

3 Likes

Give Ten Haag a new contract ASAP is what I’m reading here…

8 Likes

2 Likes

If they sack him they will just reset anyhow.

I assume it’s because no one quite tell what system he is trying to implement or if any has been attempted.