Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

https://x.com/LFC_Lucas_/status/1829879009758601601

3 Likes

https://x.com/mv_jenkins/status/1829881104142324127?t=rWuTVhWHqtUDISwOZ-7m3Q&s=19

7 Likes

I continue to be stunned by the response to this red card. Pundits crying that it negatively affected a good game and so should have been ignored (where was this preference when the same fuckos were getting riled up about Konate not getting a second yellow in the everton game last year?), the press uncritically airing Arteta’s blatantly false descriptions of what happened as if he hasnt already proven himself to be a bad faith dickhead.

Keep this incident in mind because it is a perfect illustration that the vast majority of supposed refereeing controversies are no such thing.

8 Likes

I’ve realised a lot of the amplification is usually stuff like this.

Like we hardly heard much of a whimper about the obvious one above and yet they admitted that was an error.

Heard one commentator suggesting VAR should intervene on the lack of added time like FFS

1 Like

Seems some noise about Merino being injured in his first training session (in a challenge with Gabriel) that has fractured his shoulder - out for at least 2 months.

We all know shoulder injuries take a while to come back from once players are back training too (Mo, Robbo, Kostas).

Lol.

Can’t wait for the Arse fans to latch on to a referees conspiracy theory regarding them as the Cheaters main title rival. Sending Rice off, was in theory, doing the Cheaters a massive favour further down the line. :0)
Be good if the Arse start to face harsh refereeing decisions that impact on their points total… Being a LFC fan, we wouldn’t know of such things existing… yeah right :0)

1 Like

Cant wait? They are 18 months deep into it.

2 Likes

Does that mean we will get screwed over soon.

Have to say I thought Taylor was decent on Sunday.

1 Like

Haven’t heard the right crescendo of noise yet, that connect the referee/s giving the Cheaters privilege by ‘dodgy’ decisions they make. As the season marches on, will be interesting to monitor if/when/how often the Arse get drawn into any such conspiracy theories.
The referee/s are going to have their work load doubled this season, if they having to watch the progress of Arse, as well as us.

You may not have heard them, but that doesnt mean they arent at fever pitch.

I read Dale Johnson every monday for his take on the key VAR incidents of the weekend and every week his twitter post announcing the piece is absolutely full of rabbit conspiracy theorist arsenal fans complaining that he is just a mouth piece to cover for the league’s efforts to fuck them.

This is just a taster
https://x.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1830554527595979237

1 Like

He was fine, but there wasn’t much in the game that was that challenging. Those are games that are relatively easy to manage to the point that even the confusing situation around the potential Gapko pen late on just shrugged away as not that important.

Brilliant
Well, that is good news… The more the merrier. :0)

1 Like

Can we give it a break for one week?

He did well it probably should have been a penalty it’s probably more on VAR to highlight that.

He did well on that De Ligt foul instead of allowing them the quick throw he stopped the game booked the defender and checked on Diaz.

I’ll praise them when they do fine as it is genuinely a shit job.

Of course when it’s shit like that penalty against Arsenal or the Offside it needs criticising and questioning.

But there is nothing wrong with the Rice decision or the drop ball at Forest or a million and one things that happen weekly. By being critical of them or not and then pointing out something similar you create an idea that can not be achieved.

1 Like

4 Likes

Good point made on a podcast this week re the Rice sending off.

The Referees have announced that they are clamping down on shithouse tactics this season, and Arsenal are the league’s witch kings of the dark arts. They time waste, the kick the ball away, the disrupt rhythm, they hold on corners, they do cynical fouls. If the referees really are clamping down on the dark arts, Arsenal are going to feel more than any other team.

I’m just glad that we weren’t made an example of, which is how it normally goes.

2 Likes

Would you also describe them as hare-brained?

3 Likes

That’s not bunny.

3 Likes

They’re bouncing from idea to idea

I post on an NFL forum and the Arsenal fans there are already complaining about the decisions this season.

5 Likes