Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Both in the same match :joy:

1 Like

On Sofa it says:

Timber 1/7
Havertz 0/6

Still funny.

1 Like

How is that even possible, doesn’t Havertz take the kick offs?

5 Likes

Havertz was looking for a foul every time he got the ball.

https://x.com/SkySportsPL/status/1838512681927782623

5 Likes

Arsenal were known for some beautiful football under Wenger but Arteta has been put in the Mourinho ‘dark arts’ drawer now and I doubt he’ll ever be able to get out of that :joy:

Arteta will be bothered by people calling them a dark arts team, but it is true! I suspect he will come to terms with it if it yields a steady supply of trophies - and I don’t mean the odd FA Cup.

Mourinho in his pomp was a master of the dark arts and I couldn’t stand it, but his supporters will have pointed to the trophies he won and been quite happy with it.

Arsenal have spent a fortune and they are plumbing the depths in how they go about their business…

But so far no Premier League (in Arteta’s time and going back 20 years) and no Champions League, ever.

Wenger is lauded because he modernized the club and they played good football, bought a new stadium and won plenty. He went about his business properly, as a statesman of the game.

Arteta seems like a rat in comparison.

3 Likes

Only natural - Arteta is auditioning for the Cheaters job

1 Like

Mourinho had some nous about him as well.

Arteta is just Pulis with a cheque book.

Don’t think Mourinho ever used 4CBs at the back like Arteta :sneezing_face:

Mou had enough sense to use a forward as an outlet player in the situation that Arteta was in.

Someone like Nketiah (He sold him) or even Sterling.

Instead 4 CBs and 5 Midfielders in an attempt to shithouse a win.

Someone like Roberto Di Matteo with his chelsea team went on a low block having a man down against Pep. Still got away with the win at Barcelona.

He had an outlet player to chase the long balls. Had loads of luck too, but still.

This is from a Chelsea fan blog but

Don’t Call it Magic: How Chelsea ended Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona dynasty - We Ain’t Got No History (sbnation.com)

Still a sight better than the tactics Arteta used. And RdM is a failure as a coach.

He’s been there 5 years and hasn’t won a fucking thing

3 Likes

Two sending’s off for kicking the ball away. But 100% justified.

Arteta should be concerned that the refs are onto them. We know they love a narrative at PGMOL, and once they get an idea that a team breaks a particular rule it can hang around decisions for years.

1 Like

I read a stat that 3 of the 5 bookings for it this season have been for them (one of their CBs got one after fouling a city player 20 yards into the city half and then picking up the ball and running back to the half way line holding it).

Most of us have spoke about this side to Arsenal’s game for a while and it seems that the refs are a bit more wise to it now. Arsenal will feel hard done by because they had been lulled into thinking that because they were getting away with it there was nothing in their approach to call them. Which is of course bollocks.

1 Like

At some point referees need to clamp down on the way they use Ben White to hold/block the goalkeeper at corners too.

3 Likes

As a keeper, I would absolutely find a way to clock White every time he came near the 6 yard box. As long as I am generally running towards the flight of the ball it should be a foul on him every time. He gets to catch a forearm to the face for his troubles. I despise that prick.

6 Likes

They block the keeper and the centre halves. Every corner. It’s probably legal but risks corners turning into American football plays if all teams start copying them

1 Like

Were they not always thus?

He won the 2019 FA Cup. It’s an awful return for all the outlay and fawning over them.

1 Like