Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Was that before or after the Babel Copter?

Auba is already in Barcelona ready for medicals before there are any loan agreement between Arsenal and Barcelona.

He’s just gone for a paella and Estrella. If he has to do a medical while there then its gravy.

I’d still put him at only 50% to show up on time if he’s asked to.

Should have gone Barnard Castle, lot closer than Barcelona

Has somebody finally had the sense to turn down Barca’s offer of a fiver a week and all the paella you can eat?

2 Likes

:joy:

Rich man’s Odemwingie.

What a bloke. Just can’t get a break at a massive club.

Another “classy” player on huge wages, not wanted at one place, can’t be afforded at the other.

I don’t feel sorry for him.

1 Like

Wonder if Aubameyang is on plane back to Barcelona? If it falls through gain he can just say he lost his wallet

Plot twist. Arse so desperate to be rid of him they’ve let him go for free :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Auba finally gets his big club. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indication of how badly Auba wanted out of Arsenal that he would forego his wages at Arsenal and even opt for a way less wage at Barcelona.

I do believe there’s still a good CF in him. He’s got all the attributes of a first rate CF and he does score blinders as well.

Damn, Aubameyang left a lot of money on the table to get out of Arsenal. Interesting that it wasn’t actually a free transfer. He was released by Arsenal, and signed by Barca, cancelling Arsenal’s obligations.

1 Like

Apparently, Arsenal have given him a £7 million lump sump, to terminate his contract. Nice work if you can get it.

1 Like

Eases the pain of the pay cut he took to play at Barca under their financial constraints. It can be hard to make ends meet on just 100k Euros a week.

2 Likes

I dunno how people do it, tbh…

1 Like

In all seriousness, wasn’t PEA getting about £350k a week at Arsenal? That’s a significant drop.

It is interesting how Arsenal have managed to untangle themselves from two big contracts this season with little damage to themselves (Willian and now PEA).

Yeah, comments are around about how Arsenal could have done better, but they really couldn’t have with Aubameyang.

2 Likes

I dunno if you can say they haven’t damaged themselves. They’ve wasted a ton of money on those players over the last season or two, and I think their chances of finishing in the top 4 are now seriously diminished because of the players they’ve let go. That said, these moves were 100% necessary to sort out the mess they’ve been in, and from here they can start properly rebuilding. I’m not sure if Arteta is the man to get them where they want to go, but he’s done a job so far and fixing the wage structure at the club will go a long way to restoring them to some semblence of their former glory.

I’ll just edit to add that this kind of thing is exactly what Man United should be doing, but instead, they’re doing the complete opposite because they’re run by dickheads. They think that they have to keep buying big name expensive players who help out the “brand” side of things or else the fans will stop watching. They’ve offered Pogba silly wages and have asked him to hold off on making a decision until they get a new manager in. What they should be doing is fucking off the likes of Pogba, DDG, Ronaldo, Rashford, Maguire, etc. Accepting mid-table shite for a couple of seasons while they go after players who fit a long-term vision and a football system that will win things in the long run. But they can’t. They’re trapped by a magpie mentality that only wants shiny things, and it’s going to keep them shit for a long time. You absolutely love to see it.

2 Likes

I meant from this season onwards. Willian pretty much walked away with no or little pay off, as did PEA.

Arsenal were clearly on the hook for paying out a lot more to get rid of each of them or paying them until their contracts ran down.

1 Like

I do think Auba getting 7m from Arsenal is to tide him over till end of season. Once Dembele clears off, Auba will be getting those improved terms as Dembele’s salary will be off of Barcelona books and Auba will be back earning his 350k weekly wage

Don’t see anyway why he would sign on for 2M.

For me the interesting thing was that they avoided the Arsenal tendency to try to get out from a previous terrible decision by making another. It seems that, although maybe 5 years too late, they are are finally acknowledging the need to just eat the consequences of previous shit decisions. It leaves them short now, and with Lacazette’s likely exit in the summer leaves an even bigger hole to fill, but at some point they had to stop digging. Maybe if they can find a way to get rid of Pepe in the summer they will finally have a young and lean squad of people playing for their futures and one that can significantly improved with a couple of well targeted acquisitions.

What they’re going to have to avoid is feeling of backed into a corner over the hole in the squad up top and be panicked into over spending on a replacement (Issac for 100 million quid was one quoted). Because you know selling clubs are going to try to take the piss because they know how big the need at Arsenal is and, well, because its arsenal.

2 Likes