Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

They have some good young players, so I see them having form like a yoyo. Win 4 of 5 games, followed by losing 4 of the next 5.

Yeah, I see all these teams getting points off each other as well to keep them in touch of each other. Each of them have their own issues (such as over reliance on just one striker for WH).

Ideally, need these teams to give Shitty a good game.

Arsenal slowly but surely not only getting their shit together but closing on Chelsea also.

It was a terrible start, though they also had a lot of injuries. In this case, I thought it was right from them to keep Arteta and not change. I could understand at least.

Obviously they don’t have European football, but credit to them for cleaning/trimming the squad down and now on the verge of maybe even comfortably securing top 4.

They certainly look more stable than other teams around/beneath them.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that there’s not more work to be done.

1 Like

They’ve been extremely fortunate Willian and PEA moved on without needing a substantial payoff.

1 Like

Arsenal are weirdly not as erratic as others, they lose the games you kind of expect and win those you would expect.

They went on a run and then lost to City. Stepped up again and then lost to us.

It’s really the same side as it’s been all season, I would hazard a guess their league position hasn’t moved with 2-3 places in any given week.

2 Likes

Most Arsenal fans I’ve encountered are a pretty fun but delusional bunch (particularly remember one telling me that a front line of Pepe, Auba, and Willian was better than any other front line in the league)

But I’ve always have had a soft spot for Arsenal. I didn’t start watching football until 1998 right smack in the middle of United’s dominate period. So it was nice to see Wenger and his teams piss off Manchester United and beat them to some titles. Also, respected how Wenger approached the game. Them having a bit of down period for a bit was fun but I wouldn’t mind seeing them become a mainstay again in the champions league places. Also watching Arsenal lose in the champions league every year after giving their fans such hope was part of the fun.

I’d much rather they get the 4th spot than Tottenham, West Ham or Man Utd for sure.

6 Likes

Don’t mind arsenal just that with arteta as the coach , they are getting to be pretty snide pricks on the field with their fucked up tackles

2 Likes

Can’t stand the cunts.

1 Like
2 Likes

Unfair on who?

We’ve played 13 games in the time they played 7.

7 Likes

Good job they aren’t a successful club at the moment.

Poor ickle Mikel’s head might explode if they had our kind of fixture list.

2 Likes

They have quietly put together the baseline for something quite good, but they are very thin. They have probably less strength in depth, especially relative to the quality of the preferred starter, than even teams like Leicester.

But isn’t that partly to do with their letting players go without replacing them and wanting to postpone games over new year because of not having enough players then?

3 Likes

Oh definitely. I have no sympathy for him or think he has licence to complain about a regular schedule. But it is the reality that has been created at Arsenal. In many ways he simplified his life by getting rid of players who didnt fit and it’s left him with a strong core group. But it’s very very thin and likely not able to deal very well with even as few as 2 absences if the right (wrong) positions.

I think this is one of the big challenges he will face in consolidating this position next season. He will need to bring in as many as 3 or 4 new players who contribute at this level that keep up this level of performance over what will likely be an expanded season for them. Possibly in the face of an improved challenge from Utd and Spurs.

3 Likes

I hope that Arsenal get that fourth spot at the end of this season, mainly because the other options are not very likeable. That said, even though they haven’t scored against us in four matches this season, they were consistently good in them, undone mostly by their individual errors. I imagine that if Arteta keeps the core of this side and adds perhaps three more right players, they might be able to at least hold off the top four challenge from Man United and Tottenham next season.

I’m extremely impressed by a few players of theirs but also very disappointed by the quality of others. From my point of view, they need a right back, a central midfielder and a striker. They’d probably kill to have the equivalent of Trent, Hendo and Firmino at their best - and I think that such players would be the perfect stylist fits to their side. I’ve noticed how Xhaka plays more and more as the left-footed version of Hendo, creating triangles, going wide, covering for fullback, so that winger can tuck inside. Whether that’s something he learned from Klopp or just a natural evolution of football…

I also wish that Martinelli was Liverpool’s player.

Hate Arteta. Would prefer West Ham or Spurs to finish fourth.

Don’t think they will beat Villa at the weekend.

1 Like

I would love spurs to finish 4th, it would really piss off the arse fans. :grin:

1 Like

And… keep 'Arry at Spurs!

So would I, it’s just a shame we need to beat them at Anfield soon.

1 Like

Heart bleeds…

All of a sudden I’m hoping Westham pip them.

Also it’s bull, we’ve had that at least twice as Klopp mentions it. At least Klopp has the excuse of being in 3 competitions and winning the other.

6 Likes

Considering they were not in Europe and that they are knocked out of the domestic cups, they have played at least 10 games less than us.

3 Likes