Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

7 wins in a row is the longest winning streak of a PL side so far this season.

City had two periods with 6 in a row.

We had one with 5 and two with 4 (and counting hopefully!).

1 Like

11 TO GO!!!

:wink:

1 Like

If these lose to Porto next week, then I reckon it could give them a big advantage in the league. Or it could set them off on a run of shit results after getting dumped out of the CL.

We’re getting into the business end of the season now, and I’m grateful that the EL no longer had the round of 32 and we went straight into the last 16. Lot of fixtures, very hard to win all of them playing twice a week.

1 Like

I agree, why I thought finishing top was the best idea.

I also like it that finishing top puts you through.

1 Like

Finishing top is always the best idea isn’t it?

Typical whining @$. Imagine that the petals don’t feel safe because of a peaceful protest outside a stadium and they want the club to shut it down (no doubt leaning into the fascist Israeli powers they presume they are entitled to exert with the magic word ‘anti-semitism’) or they won’t go back to the stadium ever again!

1 Like

The problem with these protests are often not the protesters themselves but the hangers on. I know with Orange Lodge marches in Scotland, aside from traffic disruption, the marchers themselves aren’t the issue despite the obvious anti-Catholic rhetoric. It’s when pissed arseholes in Old Firm shirts show up that the trouble starts.

1 Like

Having studied fascism, Israel is not a fascist state the president is evil and his government hellbent on one thing but it’s still a democracy.

Let’s not connect a government to its people. I would say it’s the most shaky his position has been in history.

The atrocities in Gaza are not to be dismissed, I would just be careful how we contextualise them. Tim Sydner writes well on this.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1767698753329230297

There’s a nasty edge there with Arteta. I hope they win nothing. Again.

2 Likes

Ex-Bitter , Ex-Man City Assistant Coach.

4 Likes

Missing a poor man’s Alonso

3 Likes

Yeah hopefully Xabi isn’t close to that douche anymore.

Reaching the quarter finals means that Arsenal will have

Brighton away
CL first leg
Villa at home
CL second leg
Wolves away

Doesn’t look easy anymore. Ideally Villa crash out of the ECL tomorrow to give them more time to prepare for Arsenal.

6 Likes

Struggled against Brentford and Porto because they had no Martinelli and Jesus not being fully fit.

Both matches at home and bookies expected them to easily win both.

Saliba, Gabriel, Ödegaard, Rice, Saka and Martinelli - two of them out at the same time and they will struggle really bad in the title race.

1 Like

The press and media Arsenal love in is sickening.
They should win the league and CL as they went out all the cups early and are having 3 weeks rest between games.

1 Like

I’m not even sure that’s a help. A fortnight gives a bit of RnR but after that the match fitness starts to waver.

2 Likes

First impressions… it seems Rice might have had some Curry the night before eh! :0)

Plus a chelsea game that needs to be rescheduled somewhere. Ideally we’d want them (Chel) to beat Leicester in the cup this weekend to make a midweek spot more likely

EDIT: actually that doesn’t appear to matter as Arsenal already have a game scheduled on cup semi final weekend so wouldnt be able to play Chelsea then anyway. That game is against Wolves though so if they beat Coventry this weekend that league game will then have to be rescheduled. I guess Chelsea staying in the cup would mean Arsenal would be forced to leave that weekend slot open and find two midweek slots for their league games to be rescheduled for.

2 Likes

Arteta shown up as an unpalatable character again. But what can you expect from a former Everton player, eh?

2 Likes