Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

So if you look at the source you can check out their forecasts from the past, e.g.

2 Likes

If we don’t win the league, I hope Arsenal do. I don’t think Arteta will be able to create a juggernaut in the long term, especially not once the CL games kick in and their key players start getting injured, but they are a side that plays proper football and I like them.

I wonder if the likes of Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern decide that they like Saliba, Saka or Martinelli, would the players be tempted to move? I was genuinely dreading that when it comes to our players and in the end only Coutinho jumped ship of those we really wanted to keep.

1 Like

Any chance of a null and void? Arse may be the least odious of a bad bunch but it’s still like having to drink pee instead of eat shit. And given it’s mini-Pep in charge its a particularly yellow and smelly pee as well.

I’ll be giving all the ‘preferred’ winners speculation a miss, myself. Went through that for a large portion of my life when it came to United and then ended up with City so won’t be making that mistake again. They’re all cunts.

4 Likes

FIFY :blush:

1 Like

I think this is doing a disservice to them TBH. Right now they are top not because of us our City’s failings, but because their own results have been stellar. They are currently 6 points ahead of where we were this time last season in our own 92 point season. Only a handful of teams have ever started a prem season this well and only 1 of them has failed to go on to win the league.

If you’re looking for reasons to suspect they might not keep pace then there are plenty to point to. They havent been there before and a lot of times teams need to have failed in one attempt to understand how not to fail the next time. And there are the obvious squad limitations in that it’s very good first xi with some very questionable back ups once they get 3-4 players deep. They look especially vulnerable at CB and up front. White has more experience now, but I dont think he’s a patch on what we’ve seen from Gabriel or Saliba. Plus, him moving inside will put a less good defender back in at RB further exposing that, and a loss of either of those CB for any length of time could be big.

There should also be big question marks over Jesus. I like him as a player a lot and think that even despite the goals he’s been incredibly important at tying together their attacking play. They simply dont have anyone capable of replacing him for any length of time and so given that it is relevant to point to his history of temperamental form that seems to be very susceptible to drops in confidence. It is commonly understood that he mentally suffered badly with the disappointment of Brazil’s last world cup failure, and his role in it, and that hurt his confidence and form for years. That should scare the hell out of everyone at Arsenal. At City they had the ability to take him out of the firing line once his form fell off. If he suffers something like that again this year Arteta is going to have to leave him out there to figure it out, which could compound.

All in all though they are where they deserve to be and not just because us and City have been comparatively off our usual pace.

1 Like

If they get 95 points, fair play to them.

I’m saying I’d be pissed off if after running toe to toe with City into the high nineties, only to have a dip season at the same time as them…

2 Likes

Lots can change, a year is a lot of time in football. Or more than enough for big changes.

Who knows if even City get to those heights this season.

1 Like

WC came with a very bad timing for them and now it seems that Jesus is out for a few months.

2 Likes

He’ll be back for Easter :laughing:

2 Likes

Jesus has undergone surgery on his right knee after suffering injury during Brazils World Cup game with Cameroon.

So he is returning about Easter.*

*I’ll get my coat.

2 Likes

For Christs sake.

Maybe they can lent someone before Easter.

1 Like

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

2 Likes

This will be interesting to see, lots been made of his impact but yeah his goals ratio isn’t as good as Darwin.

But others have said his impact is in build up, if it is then they could have issues.

Until Jesus returns, does this mean Arsenal have a cross to bear…

TAXI… :raising_hand_man:

Too far mate too far…

My God I’m Cross.

1 Like

Nailed it :+1:

That’s terrible.

I’m not rising to such a terrible pun

Can’t be enthusiastic about Arsenal winning the league even at the expense of cheaty - if only because it means they have as many titles to show for the last five years as us.