Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

I believe the same, but what makes you so certain that his mind was made up? What makes you so certain that he would have refused to come to Liverpool if we upped over Madrid’s bid just like Arsenal have upped over City’s? Its something I didn’t believe possible, but it has happened, so it makes me question if we tried hard enough.

See, all the while till now I’ve been letting these obscene fees thrown around pass by, believing that a well run club would not afford to do these things. But now we’ve been shown otherwise. 100+ million pound deals can be done by clubs that are still operating with an aim to be sustainable. Arsenal haven’t even won anything major yet, and still they’re capable of doing this. So, why are FSG unable to do them? Do they lack the required financial acumen?

Like I said, my only point is this: FSG have had a real star-aligning period in their fortunes for the last few years. In my eyes, they’ve not really maximised on what they could have achieved. Sure our club operates in a self sustainable way but we’ve forgotten a major thing. FSG will sell the club at some point, and they will reap at the very minimum ~700% of what they invested (I think 2 billion pounds is a fairly conservative estimate). With that sort of payout, I find it a bit hard to understand why they have been so risk averse (as Klopp himself admitted a while ago).

Even if they buy a 100 million “superstar” today, that very act could easily end up increasing the valuation of the club much more that the said amount, especially if we end up winning more silverware. I believe that is why Kroenke is going ahead with these deals too. Wouldn’t be surprised if he wants to put Arsenal on the bidding table in a few years, and wants to win a major trophy before he does that (to take the valuation up several notches).

Oh let it go mate! I was just triggered that these lot were getting Rice and blowing steam. Besides, to me as a Liverpool fan, Arsenal really is nothing, so I wasn’t exactly lying. :japanese_goblin:

Arsenal charge £100+ for matchday tickets. Remember what happened the last time FSG tried to raise our ticket prices?

Fans can’t have it both ways.

7 Likes

Agreed, but on the other hand we have finished much higher up the table than Arsenal in recent history (including winning the PL), and had deep runs into the CL (including winning once) which should make up for the deficit. Arsenal have finished outside of CL for 6 years running.

1 Like

Who?

1 Like

I think had Saliba stayed fit Arsenal would have still finished second. He might have forced Man City to try in one or more of their last three games though.

1 Like

You mean upping the offer on wages?

Problem once you do that you are doing it for everyone else.

I do think Bellingham is bullshitting a bit when he says what he says now but Touchemani pretty much seemed genuine.

2 Likes

Yup 2% for the first time in 7 or 8 years and they wet their pants. It was about £1.70 a game.

I know times are tough but it’s a luxury at the end of the day. You could effectively sell one day game back to the club and make up the rise after all it’s not like we are struggling to sell tickets.

If it means you go to Anfield 18 games instead of 19 is it that bad?

And with us you could sell literally any of the 19 and you’d be fine.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/deadlinedaylive/status/1675146461544103937?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

WTF

That’s a nice shirt. Adidas have improved lately after a few years of some dodgy designs.

1 Like

THere’s a bit of shite on the back.

Why are they doing the photo shoot in someone’s back garden?

1 Like

He might be on holiday.

1 Like

Havertz looks like he’s taking a piss in that picture.

Baffling. He isn’t good enough for their first XI.

Yip, they seem to like repeating recent history.

The Rice signing is getting to some of their heads. What a wild take?!

The most deluded wankers of fans in the premier league.

1 Like

Borderline Funny Pictures and Jokes thread - Away End - General Chat - THE ANFIELD NOISE

& Szoboszlai is already better than Henry ever was.

1 Like