Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

There is an issue that Arteta will have to deal with in January you feel.

The decision to move on from Ramsdale was understandable as he’s a limited goalkeeper but why Raya was the one Arteta decided to move on with is the odd thing. Didn’t he get dropped at Brentford?

2 Likes

Not dropped…he refused to sign a new contract, and his current ends in the summer. Arsenal will likely make it permanent in Jan.

Hope so, I understand Arteta wanting a more capable footballer in goal but very much feels like “We’ve got Alisson at home” if they stick with Raya.

1 Like

My lad told me this was 3-3 and I laughed. Then I saw that Declan Rice scored the winner in the 97th minute. Aaarghhh.

We reviewed what the initials FT mean in football.

1 Like

Lucky gets. Can’t stand them.

Arsenal on the roll again and end up self destructing nearer to end of season, like they did last season

Raya is a minor improvement from a Ramsdale but not an improvement enough to warrant the signing.

They are on a roll, like united

Chiko Roll?

1 Like

Pretty sure they said the same thing about us last Sunday … :grin:

Why are people so dismissive of Arsenal? I’m asking genuinely since they were the closest team to Man City last season and then went on to spend big and add genuine quality to their side in Rice (whose late winners have propelled them to the top of the league, too).

They just don’t have it. You’ll see.

3 Likes

Oh, I hope the form of all of rivals crumbles as soon as possible but I have to say that Arsenal have largely impressed me this season (even though they rode their luck in a few games I watched - but so did we in a few games when we won the title). Quite a few late winners this season in games suggest that they might be onto something but I’ll have to check their fixture list.

1 Like

Arsenal are definitely a force again this season, but we should also remember that the fixture list has also been kind to them again.

2 Likes

Bar Chelsea if you include the top 7 and them, all those games have been at home. I think that’s my thinking behind a let’s wait and see.

We’ve only played Villa of that 6 at home and will play Man U soon.

We’ll be ahead of them on Christmas Eve.

3 Likes

that’s the Christmas spirit!!

3 Likes

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

7 Likes

Had the same vibes about this transfer as with Van Dijk’s. I don’t think I’d have him in my team ahead of Rodri but he’s a top class player and has elevated Arsenal in every aspect.

4 Likes