Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

IMG_2549

The only trophy they will win this year.

Arsenal Fan Tv Troopz GIF by AFTV

Goldy mocking Arsenal fans.

‘Arteta out’ :joy:

1 Like

Arsenal are still a really good side, but they continue to show how much more difficult it is to go from 2-3 to champs than from 5-6 to 2nd. Once you’re already second you dont have much room for improvement and finding the right players who not only are good enough to make a difference but dont upset the good you already have going is really tough.

They brought in 3 players in the last window. Trossard is exactly the right sort of purchase for this situation because he is flexible, good enough to contribute and isnt going to rock the boat. Kiwior has done little and Jorginho seems like a novelty. This summer Rice was a great signing, Timber has been really unfortunate, but Havertz and Raya are very much in the Jorginho category. It’s been a poor return that has given them a bit more depth, but confused what their best team is, and not a “who can I drop because everyone is playing well” sort of what that has resulted in them now looking unsettled with things not going well.

3 Likes

How has Uncle Ben been a great signing. He does absolutely nothing been invisible in the 2 games against us.

I have no idea who Uncle Ben is supposed to be

To be fair he has been very good for them in other games.

1 Like

Only just realised today he’s been their manager since 2019. In that time we’ve won the league and reinvented our team.

2 Likes

Ben’s Original, formerly called Uncle Ben’s, is an American brand of parboiled rice and other related food products that were introduced by Converted Rice Inc., which is now owned by Mars, Inc.

I always notice how bad his fake tan is.

yeah im a bit lost here…

isnt Declan Rice a white 20 something year old dude and uncle ben…ummm…not…

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Rice…he sells rice

Anyway, the strongest part of Arsenal game today is exactly the part of the game Rice is responsible for - winning midfield battles so you can maintain possession and play in their half. It is not his responsibility to create good openings or take them so seems churlish to criticise a player as being invisible when his department did exactly what is was supposed to against a side who, even with changes, poses an enormous test for any side in that dynamic.

1 Like

ahhhh…fucking hell im on fire this morning…

Not a bad side but not sure if they have the steel or leadership to win anything.

Wouldn’t that make David Moyes the Uncle Ben?

That picture is never not funny to me. Every time I look at it, I notice something else about it that’s shite.

3 Likes

Hilarious connected point - if you Google Taff’s Tavern (now closed), the Google Street view shows a view of the adjacent business, which appears to be called ‘Trophies for All’

I just noticed that Moyes signed it! He actually looked at it and then signed it!!:joy::joy::joy: