Breaking News Thread

Nah. I’ve always been perfectly happy in my own company.

1 Like

he needs a hug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a suspicion that you are a softie at heart though.

2 Likes

settle down, Begbie.

trainspotting GIF by MIRAMAX

2 Likes

I never cry at real life events, but I always start blubbing when Mongo dies in Shrek 2.

2 Likes

I love you ! :rofl: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

And I also know that you are a very deep person beneath that wonderful caustic mask of yours :slight_smile: I also admire you for the discipline of almost always managing to be in forum persona character 24/7. I couldn’t, I don’t have the willpower for that. You are a gem and also I know, a good person.

4 Likes

Fuck off.

3 Likes

aweeeee he’s going all soft on us. sniffle :cry:

How would you know you’re wearing one, if you’re dead?

2 Likes

Very philosophical question Wools

2 Likes

Aren’t you already a ghost haunting us all? That’s certainly the impression I had.

My neighbours’ Ring doorbell never senses me. So you may be right.

2 Likes

Heard he spends saturday afternoons at dog petting cafes

But the moustache is ok?

1 Like

A good flogging then!

I noticed this story this morning relating to “Catfishing”, a blackmailing practice used on social media and online dating services:

I’m reminded of a couple of details of the Hew Edwards story whereby the S*n claimed that they had other witnesses against the news reader but it transpired that he had become irate with them when they threatened to blackmail him.

Wootten is a former Murdoch employee (both NotW and S*n). I’m wondering if this is going to blow up as big as the phone hacking scandal.

Dan Evans is one of the journos with a byline on that piece. I know him from years back as a Uni friend of my brother in journalism school. While everyone else was scratching away for minimum wage gigs at local papers he got a break for one of the big Murdoch rags and got himself involved in the phone hacking. He ended up turning whistle blower but was still criminally charged for his roles, while his bosses largely got away scott free. That has basically defined the second phase of his career focused on trying to expose the awfulness of the tabloid world. If they have this story they likely have a LOT more

3 Likes

BREAKING NEWS!!! From the pages of The Daily Obvious!

Snot funny.

1 Like

I haven’t read the paper but the article doesn’t mention the fact that they were likely to have moved (or removed) any facemasks in the process of bogey exploring.